Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Warning

The darkness compliment the silence of the whole room. The hair on my arms couldn't escape the terror of the enveloping darkness. Cha has a good eye though, she could manage to find something like this in a strange, lonely and an out of nowhere place like this. She must be good at it. I think it must compliment her name which she didn't disclose to us.

"We should separate, Al," I told him.

He looked at me worried, "that's not a good idea."

I can almost see his face, thanks to the flashlight. I didn't laugh at his reaction 'cause it would make him more terrified. I patted his shoulder, giving him some courage that he is safe within the premises. "Just don't make a sound, Al."

He nodded, "Absolutely..." but there's always another reason popping right into his head, "what if we're not the only one here? What if they were just hiding?"

I took a deep breath, "if someone were here, they should've been attacked us before entering this place, right?"

He nodded, slowly getting it. "Okay, I will just pick up the things we needed."

"That's why we're here right now."

"Got it."

Al and I started to separate our ways. It is to make our time efficient and have a short time of staying in this place. We're not sure about what's happening now with Cha, hope she could get gas for the truck, so we can get out of here as soon we can.

This four-wall store isn't that big enough to waste our time finding something we needed. It is just enough to walk and see what we need on the display shelves. I headed to the first shelf and it already got me to stop seeing a lot of useful supplies. I prepared a bag to put it but when I reach for it, there's something tickling my arm.

I strike a light on it and see a lot of poisonous scorpions. I immediately shake it out from me, but trying to keep it away from me, I got my balance out and fall on the floor. I move away and reach for the flashlight and lit them up. They're everywhere, scattering, finding their victim and wanting to release the venom from their tails.

The next moment, the whole store light up. I heard Al's cheering voice, "I found it!" he said, "thanks to me!"

I immediately run into him and found him, next to the lightbox, but not what he did make me worry, what's above him and I think it might kill him.

"Don't move... Al." I calmly said, trying not to make him panicked.

His eyes widened, he didn't move as to actually what I told him. "What's happening, Dy?" He asked.

"There's something above you..." I said and when he tried to look up, I stopped him. "No, stop, don't do anything stupid, Al," I said, breathing evenly. Al is terrified now, from the giddy reaction he had for bringing the place in lights up, everything has gone change. "Just don't do... Al..."

"Do something!" he yelled.

I nodded, "I will... I just need to find something that can kill it!"

I slowly walk backward and when I'm gone into the sight of the threat, I came to find a gun, boomerang or any weapon that can throw into that thing. My ax wouldn't the job, and it is not good when it is under Al. But there aren't any on the shelves. Even on the drawers where most of the weaponry are locked. I cursed in my head. I couldn't think of any!