Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Doubts and hesitations

Conrad and Al are all at my face, they are waiting for my questions and I'm all ears to hear their answers. There have been a lot of things I wanted to ask, but I'm gonna straight forward to those things that needed to know right now, on our situation. It is hard to move when I basically don't know what's happening, or what should I do in amidst of our intent to defeat the High Council. And so, I formulated questions in my head that I think they could probably answer without doubts and hesitations.

"Brother, what does Al said about human-brain extraction? Could you explain that further? Because on what he told me, they'll gonna extract his brain out and place it on collective artificial intelligence. How is that gonna be possible?"

He sighed, "I just want you to know, buddy, that in this century, everything that High Council could think off can happen. In just simple words, if they wanted to build an artificial intelligence by collecting human brain and extracting all the intelligence of a person and transfer it to a chip that will serve as the brain of the robot."

"Collective... Al told me that wasn't the only one to go through that process. Is that true?"

My brother nodded, justifying Al's explanation. And I think it just got worse by him proving it. "It is collective by means of acquiring such potential person whose seen with great intelligence while on the field—remember the Identification Process where they put you in a series of examinations?" He asked and I just nod to him, "that was the point of the High Council to inherit information into potential participants and they watched them on the field until the day of abduction which they've been taken away to their rebirth into a participant of collective artificial intelligence. It is hard to understand it without in the context, but they are creating the 'CAI' for future Rebirth initiation."

"Good thing you caught me out of it," Al said a sigh of relief.

Conrad nodded, "I was too late to know that you were on the list actually. However, yeah, good thing I got you out and I helped you because you are good to my friend. And one thing I got Al out was because I needed his help in creating and modifications of techs. The helps he did were big enough to proceed on my next moves and he was just on his room, doing it."

"How could I never learn that you hold Al on a secret room like this? Don't you know how much I worry the field—not just me, also Cha? What a dick is that move, brother."

"I know, I know, buddy, but it was a safety precaution we needed to do. I don't want the High Council to know that I got Al out 'cause there's only one thing that would end up if they knew that I hold him up."

"Imprisoned?"

He shook his head, "No. That was never the answer for disobeying the High Council. They always call it dead even if you're doing rightfully, but if it against their rules, you got to pray because you can't escape the fact that High Council rules anything."

"So, if you didn't get Al on that 'CAI' process—" I didn't finish my sentence when he continues it with his words.

"—he would never be right here with us, buddy. They don't have the right to extract people's brain without their permission. Yes. All of the participants who abducted to be part of this process were forced." Conrad took a deep breath, I know what he's feeling right now. "I couldn't believe I let those people die."

When I heard the last word he says, I stopped thinking. Trying to understand what he said but I couldn't fully believe what just he said. The High Council can do anything where any impossible things could've done possibly without doubts and hesitations.