Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Proposition

My sight adjusted from the blinding lights as we exit the hallway. And I'm not gonna say I didn't hear my brother's voice calling me. I won't be lying that I was referring to him, it may be a long time ago when we get to talk but I could still remember the tone of his voice. And I think it's all coming from my head when the incoming group of people attended us to give first aid. I was looking for my brother but no one in those faces wearing medical masks is my brother.

They took him from me and put on the stretcher, and immediately run into the room where help can be provided. One medical staff in front of me, asking things and all I could be to look at his face and didn't get to focus on the matter of what he says.

"Kid, are you listening?" he said that makes me get back to my senses.

"Yes... I'm good." I said, just to end the conversation.

"You're not 'cause your arms are also bleeding." He said and when I look at it. It has a minor cut, wasn't that deep but the blood was gushing out. I didn't even felt it. All the exhaustion got me to feel so numb. I looked back on him and give him a nod, "You'll be directed to the emergency room and clean out your wounds. As for that, do you need anything?"

And there's only one thing popped right in my head.

"Can I talk to my brother?"

"We can do that," he said that and give me high hopes. "We can check the system if your brother made it through here, and if he is already resting." But I do think, he was pertaining to some kind of situation—where, my brother made it through the hallway.

I shook my head, clearing it out, "no, no, no. I was asking if I can talk to my brother on the Noble Land?"

"That's unlikely to happen. It is forbidden and prohibited." He said, "and we can't risk anything even if you begged us to do it, we're only doing our job to give medical assistance to the participants as they will go through their first simulations tests."

I took a deep breath, "how can the High Council be so unfair?"

He didn't answer my question, instead, he called out another medical staff to accompany me to the emergency room. Walking down, seeing a lot of troubled ones who keeps showing how strong they are that they manage to annoy everyone they spot to see. Also, those people who wish they didn't go through this initiation are hugging themselves at the corner, spilling their tears over and over. And people who lose their temper and put all their anger and despair to everyone.

Every time I see those kinds of people, I feel so hopeless that this place would go again to such a beautiful one. But if you just came to put all your drama, it isn't the place for anyone. The tests and trials will only make a person reach its uncertainty of becoming a Licit People. They will start to question themselves, they ask if they really deserve it. It all comes into one conclusion that if you ask yourself if you can do it, don't just think that you can, let the actions flow out and let it be the reasons how it will make your doubt come into wrong senses.

When we reach the emergency, the staff instructed me to stay in the bed and wait for their few check-ups to do. While looking around, a familiar face walked towards my direction. I felt like she has something to manifest in her head and her target was. Her eyes were direct, looking at me, it didn't even flick. She must have been waiting for this time to come.

"What do you want?" I hastily said, trying to hide the fear.

She smirked, "look how we end up in one place again."