Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Help

"Get up, Dylan!" Brighid shouted as she pulls me up from lying down. I do think I have a minor concussion of our landing but it doesn't matter when everything around us is shaking and in chaos. As she pulls me up and helps me to find my balance. She took my hand as we paved our way to safety. There are falling debris coming from the ceiling. The old building already saying its weak structured. As we bound to some young people, we try our best to help them and to come with us as we are heading to a more secure room.

"Wait, wait, I need to see my friend!" I jerked my hands off from her.

She immediately looked back on me, her face was plastered in shocked and worried. "She could be anywhere safe... just please, come with me."

But for a few seconds, my head wasn't that clear. I just heard all the noises around and my thoughts were all over. I came back to my senses when Brighid jumped on me, putting her hands on my shoulder and keeps shaking on me.

"We have to go, Dylan." She reminded and I just nod to her.

As she grabs my hand, we take hallways and hallways. Some people are busting on our way, panicking and wanting to get out of the chaos but they can't get out of the place where they are locked into. Some are screaming of help, crying into the feeling of devastation and some are lost to what was happening.

As we finally reach the room we could stay, Brighid and I stayed under the desk. Uncomfortably we fitted under. We stayed in silence while we're hearing everybody shouting for help and emergencies.

"What about everybody?" I asked Brighid.

Her breathing was in a rapid rate, her chest like gonna explode if she doesn't go into proper breathing. She shook her head instead, "we can't help everybody Dylan..." she muttered, she wiped her sweat on her forehead. I could totally read her face. She's worried and shocked to what's happening.

The High Council has gone too far. They already shaking the ground as to make the process falls into a difficult trial.

"What if everyone doesn't survive this abortion, what about the movement?"

"Then the least will do." She said, "the movement doesn't stop just because the abortion has started. They wanted us in their field and they're killing us. And you know what that means if you are strong enough to hold on tight to what might kill you... that's what they are looking for."

"What do you mean?"

"They are elimination those weaklings." She said, "the weak ones who even from the start doesn't hold any strengths." She took a deep breath, "now we must wait if most of us had survived the abortion and then I can tell... the movement will start as soon as possible."

"I just hope it didn't have to be like this."

"You know what's worst?" she muttered, "living in the field and those young people who are fighting for their lives cannot escape the anguished of High Council."

"Don't you think we're being unfair to what they are doing? They're risking their lives over their—on the field and here we are, just planning our rendezvous of destroying High Council. We are much cruel than them."

She shook her head, doesn't agree to what I said, well she was always opposite to what I believe in. "You're pointing something wrong, Dylan. We are also risking something here, you just think of how they are dealing alone outside but we are here are also doing it. We aren't cruel, we just use our brain to be against of what system manipulated us."