Disclaimers and Information

(This entire series is currently going under some intensive editing. This warning will be up until I am done, but what I mainly mean to say is that what you read right now may not be reflective of the reading experience until it's finished being edited. For example, currently the story writes "(Y/N)" in place of the readers name. That will be changed. There will also be a lot more "You" instead of "She" as I am contemplating(more on that further down) making this story gender neutral.)

Disclaimers: I type really fast and even after editing a chapter I tend to miss a lot of things that need to be corrected. I know that sometimes grammar or spelling errors can ruin the mood of the story or make it harder to understand. I am asking that if you catch any of these errors while reading, you comment them so I can find and fix them. I'm more than happy to, trust me.

This story will be written into three different books based on the official Danganronpa storyline including the The Despair Arc(this book), Ultra Despair Girls(the current book being written), and Goodbye Despair(the last and not yet started book). The story will be slightly different of course with details through my own writing or retelling of the story and more focused on romance, haha. The story won't include any lemons though. Maybe a few limes, but I'm not very comfortable with writing that kind of stuff like I read it... Lastly, chapters will have little "Monokuma theater" segments at the end that are actually just me saying whatever random notes I have to say.

Komaeda will be as canon to his character as I can make him as well as the rest of the characters. The reader is written with afab/female readers in mind, at least for now while I'm considering changing this if I ever have that much time to. It maybe be unlikely though while since I don't quite have the time these days, haha. If you have any other suggestions for what I can do with the reader character just tell me! I want this to be as open to the actual readers as possible. I'll take any suggestions into consideration.
If you have any fanart (lol as if this will get popular)(<<<Ok, but somehow it did--) feel free to comment that you do or send them to madcatanime@gmail.com and let me know through DM. Though I might not respond, I will be weary to check my emails and share/credit the art unless you don't want me to. This reader character will not have a set look at all, so if you make fanart of them, of course draw them however you want! It's you, your character, your experience.

(And now for the general introduction of the story! Skip to the next chapter if you want. This is just a useless elaboration on the summary!)

 You're known as the Ultimate Sweetheart by many for a reason. It isn't the talent you wanted to get in for, having practiced to get in as the Ultimate (Y/t). Still, you it's impressive enough to have been admitted into Hope's Peak Academy at all. You care about everyone and tend to believe no one should have to live life unhappy. Everyone deserves some love. So, when a certain guy in your class believes he's worth nothing but a mere 'step towards hope', it becomes your goal to change his mind. Soon, you strive to help him see he's worth more and allowed to feel true happiness too!

My Thanks!

This story was started and originally written by me on December 25th of 2018- That's right, I wrote it on Christmas bayybeee☆!! Anyways, the writing was pretty old, but I've gone in and edited the hell out of the book. As of now when you're reading this, there will either be a bold and italicized note stating that it's currently being edited, meaning I'm not done yet, or it'll be gone, which will mean I am. Furthermore, I know now that I wrote the protagonist a little overbearing, annoying, or even rude at times. Try to bear with it? Or don't read it at all if it's that bad I guess? You can feel free to comment about it and give me critiques, just keep in mind, I've been aware of how cringy it might be at times for a long while now. I don't really have time in my life to change the entire story, just how it's written for the most part. Plus, regardless, when I wrote this I was having fun, and I still usually am. It's a nice escape from things when I'm writing this. Anyways, I don't mind how harsh anyone may be when commenting on this, just please don't think it reflects on all of how I write. I see fanfic writing as practice for the real thing anyways, so it doesn't need to be perfect off the bat, it's still always fun ^^! -And I'll still put my best foot forward writing it either way.