Hotter Than Hope

You once again burst through the classroom doors with the energy of a bullet. Your wide smile and giggles let everyone know it was you. You were just so happy from the events of yesterday that no matter what you did, you couldn't seem to stop your happiness from shining through!

"Hey (Y/n)-chan, you're even happier than usual, did something cool happen?" Chiaki walked over to greet you. "Did you get Nagito to stop being so hard on himself?" She tilted her head curiously and awaited your answer. "N-no... But, at least I know I'm making progress! Anyways, how are the arrangements for the next party coming?" She hummed back thoughtfully, "They're going great actually, I think this party might be the best one yet thanks to you again!" Yeah, of course you couldn't forget! You gave her a gesture to show her it was no problem for you, parties were fun to set up anyways.

You and Chiaki were very close friends at this point, almost as close as you and Nagito. Not only that, but as Class Rep and Class Dep of the class, she and you made the class more enjoyable for everyone. No one skipped classes anymore because they'd likely miss something fun. It was so sweet really... Even when a classmate was sick, someone would either go to their house to aid them, or the class would work together to greet them warmly when they came back. Even Nagito got this treatment, mostly from you, and he would often talk about how happy he was and how he didn't deserve it.

Wait, weren't you in the middle of a conversation...? "-You didn't forget it like last time right?" Chiaki said with slight urgency. You blinked, "Ah! Y-Yeah of course, I um... Didn't forget... What?" You cursed yourself for zoning out again, a bad habit it was really. "Haha, The Yintendo Switch silly! Last time you forgot it, we didn't get to play Super Smash Dudes Ultimate." She knew better than anyone that you zoned out quite often. "Oh! I didn't! I hid it in my locker, a bunch of extra measures were taken to make sure it didn't get stolen again!" You said proudly. "That's great (Y/N)-chan I'm so excited for this next party!" She paused for a second.

"Also, I wanted you to meet a friend of mine, he helps me with picking some of the games we play. He's from the reserve course, I'm sure you don't mind that though right?" You blinked. "Reserve course? What's that?" Your head tilted curiously. "It's a seperate part of Hope's peak for students that don't have Ultimate Talents, students from there have to pay a lot of money to get in. Mahiru has a friend from there remember? You walked to the reserve course building with Mahiru once to offer her friend a snack." You stood up straight at the realization. "I remember! Yeah, I don't mind at all, why would you think I did?" You giggled. "It's nothing, just make sure to be at the school fountain after school ok? I'm sure you two can hit it off and become friends." You nodded. You weren't prepared though, how were you gonna get through this? You didn't even bring a present or a snack for her friend! You calmed down though, today was a good day. Looking over at Komaeda's seat, he was sitting there peacefully, you weren't really sure when he'd entered the room though. Chances were he didn't want to 'bother' you in the middle of a conversation, so he remained unknown.

You took your seat next to him and smiled. "Hey Ko-chan? I won't be able to walk home with you today, are you ok with that?" He seemed fine with it, and you were glad he understood. "Of course, I kind of overheard, I hope you don't mind." He chuckled. "It's fine! So we're eating lunch here today right?" He nodded, "If you want to of course." After that, class time until lunch continued as normal.

.

.

.

Over the course of your time here at Hope's Peak, you had  encountered plenty of strange and fun events with your classmates. Yet none of them compared to today.... It was supposed to be a fun day, that was all, but with your class, something interesting was bound to happen eventually. Not that you didn't welcome that, yet- this...?

You were all sitting in the classroom enjoying bowls of Nikujaga made by Ultimate chef Teruteru and Hiyoko for lunch. It had been another long fun day with the class. You handed out treats, and all of the class enjoyed each others company (which included you telling Ibuki about your new found crush, to which she replied with letting you know everyone thought you two were dating already). Regardless, you were talking to her about music right now, and Nagito sat next to you eating his nikujaga peacefully. After finishing your bowl, you got up to walk over to Chiaki, wanting to ask her if you could help chip in with the votes for the next few tournaments. You weren't able to get far before your legs gave out under you, and Nagito worriedly asked you what was wrong.

"I-I feel s-so strange...!" Akane said in a weak tone on the classroom floor.

'D-Definitely strange...' You thought. You were beginning to feel something as well, but you didn't know what, and Akane was acting... um... Different.

"What's wrong?" Nekomaru came to Akane's aid, trying to help her up. "No..." She breathed. "You can't... touch me the way you do...!"

"Huh? O-oh! I'm sorry!" He backed away a bit, sweat rolling down his body as he started to feel the heat. "M-my heart, why does it beat so fast when I look at you?"

"Your grip is so strong...! Yet tender..." She sighed, and they both 'swooned'.

You looked around the room. What was happening to everyone? What was this feeling...? Everyone was hot, and you couldn't stop shaking, so you tried your best to manage calming yourself down from whatever this was. "W-What did they put in that stuff...? I f-feel like I'm gonna die or something!" you sighed breathlessly. You were only a mere 2 feet away from Nagito when you'd fallen to your knees, so he went you, and asked you what was wrong again. His raspier voice should've been a warning. And when you saw his face, you should've expected to see his face red with shimmering glazed eyes. "(Y/N)-chan... Do you... Feel it too?" Nagito asked shakily, turning you around to him, "Look at me, (Y/n)." His voice a lot lower and huskier than before. "I d-don't know..." You said before looking over to the teacher.

"I don't feel right either! What did you do to us all?" Chisa asked. "Nothing much." Hiyoko replied, pulling out a vial with pink liquid in it. "I just poured some of this soup into Hanamura's fancy pants beef stew!" She giggled evilly before she and Teruteru began to argue.

Your head was turned to the teacher, your neck exposed to Nagito, so he nuzzled into it, then hugged you closer, sighing hotly onto your neck. You shivered hard in response and started to stutter. "Can we stay like this... (Y/n)? I'll be sure not to take advantage of you... I'll protect your shining hope instead! That's all I could ever want..." He purred. He was vowing to protect you, but his movements suggested otherwise when he pulled you onto his lap. Soon he was playing with the hem of your shirt, his own shirt loosened more than normal including his tie, then he dove for your neck once again. You couldn't focus on anything, you felt so dizzy, and Nagito was only making it harder to concentrate as he lightly bite your nape in frustration. Still... you could hear your classmates struggling to control themselves too.
After hearing Teruteru was about to do... unpleasant things to Hiyoko, you'd perked right up. Finally in your somewhat right state of mind, you struggled to get up. You saw Chiaki defend Hiyoko, and now you were absolutely determined too. 'Jeez... How strong was the stuff Hiyoko spiked the soup with...?' You thought as you carefully detached Nagito from your waist and led him to a wall to sit by. You started splitting up anyone seeming dangerously close to doing something they'd regret, while also keeping your distance from Nagito. He was unintentionally hotter than normal, but he probably didn't think so as he sat against a wall, trying to calm his breathing as he eyed you.

"Hope feels awesome... I could get used to this.~" Nagito said. And the last thing you saw of Nagito was his eyes rolling back and his heated form fainting onto the floor.