Shine Your Hopes on Me

Nagito didn't bother hiding the smile that spread onto face when he stepped into the classroom with you. It was a rather strange arrangement. He was wearing a Santa Costume, and so were Chiaki, and Hajime who also happened to be here today. You wore Nagito's school uniform in place of your own and his Santa hat with a long green coat that looked a lot like one of his favorite jackets that you'd taken before leaving his house. You smiled, seeing as Nagito was feeling better now, the depressed aura around him faded and he looked back to you. "I'm... Sorry, if I made today seem depressing... It's Christmas Eve, and you were just being as positive as you always are-"

"Nagito.." You cut him off, "I know, you were just worried, but I'm fine. I won't let anything bad happen to me or you if I can help it!"

He smiled again, then sighed, "You're so troublesome."

"Hey!" You lightly smacked his arm and he laughed.

"Hey everybody! Who's ready to go to Sonia's for the party tomorrow!" Ibuki squealed and fist pumped the air with a jump.

.

.

.

After Secret Santa, was Seven minutes in heaven, and Chiaki and Hajime now stared at the door anxiously as it closed. "What now...?" Hajime mumbled. Chiaki shrugged silently, "...Wanna play?" She fwipped out a second game controller and held it out to him. Hajime sighed, "Sure."

"What do you think they might be doing in there?" Teruteru wiggled , "Maybe I should go in there to make sure I'm not left out of the fun!"

"EWW!! Teruteru is acting like a gross old pervert again! Somebody stop him! I don't even wanna bop him on the head cause he'll probably get off to it!!" Hiyoko whined.

"Honestly, it's louder out here than it is in there! B-but I do keep hearing these occasional groans...!" Kazuichi pressed his head against the door.

"Knock it off Kazu! Their time's almost up anyways, let's get ready to open the door soon OK?" You laughed next to the door, hands ready to grab the handle. Fuyuhiko, stood at the door, ready to announce the end of their time.

"..." A moment of silence. And then!

"Done! Open the door."

You opened the door and looked away, not wanting to risk mental scarring.

"... Aww c'mon!" Kazuchi groaned, "You mean you played games the whole time!?" Chiaki giggled, "Yeah, what about it?" Kazuchi whined more, "How could you waste your time like that? A-and what about the low groaning I kept hearing in there!?" Kazuichi panicked, a hand on top of his head with a look of disbelief. "Huh? Do you mean when I kept killing him in Minecraft? Or the zombie moans?" Chiaki laughed again and Hajime groaned with a dampered ego, a sufficient answer to your questions. "Yeah, why did you keep doing that!?" Chiaki pouted, "You kept walking around and brought creepers to my castle, I needed revenge!"

"Oh! Did you at least put your Minecraft beds together?" You asked

"No, what kind of things do you guys think we're doing in this Christian Minecraft server?" She looked back at her portable game controller. "This is NOT a Christian Minecraft server! Look at Teruteru for Christ's sake!" Kazuichi pointed. You turned your head to look, but Nagito stopped you with a hand over your eyes. "It's actually better if you don't..." He sighed in blatant disappointment. Despite loving all of his classmates, he seemed pretty annoyed with Teruteru's perversions at the moment. "One more round everyone!? I know there's a couple some of us have been waiting to see join the game!" Ibuki yelled. You giggled, looking around to see who the rumored couple was. Nagito coughed and shook his head, blushing and trying his best to stop any thoughts from coming into play.

"W-we don't have to do anymore Seven Minutes in Heaven. Can't we just... Play games?" Nagito chuckled nervously. "This is a game Ko-chan! So, who's the couple?" You asked. "You must pick from the bag to find out! Nagito, you pull! And don't forget to trust your luck!" Sonia teased along with everyone else. "Ah... Guys, are you really gonna make me do this?" He chuckled. He stepped up to the bag and closed his eyes, reaching in and pulling out a slip of paper. "It's the last one, so it's (Y/n)." He glanced at you with another nervous smile. "I guess... We should go now right?" You nodded back nervously. You somehow didn't see this coming until they told Nagito to pull. "O-Ok, sure...!"

"So..." You started fiddling with the hem of your shirt. "I didn't see this coming... Did you?" Nagito nodded, looking away, "Kinda, It's only natural that this would happen, afterall, I like you." He faced you again, grabbing the edge of his jacket nervously, "A little more than I should I mean... So it's expected that my luck would land me here eventually." He sighed. "W-what!?" You yelled, "N-not too loud...!" He moved to cover your mouth in a rushed panic. "T-They'll get the wrong idea if we're loud, you know?" He chuckled. You nodded, your face growing redder the longer he stayed this close to you. You tugged a few times at his sleeve and he lowered his hand, both of you sat in front of each other, still a little too close. "Y-You like me back?" You grinned, you couldn't be happier right now. "Why didn't you say so earlier?" You murmured, and he laughed lightly. "I didn't want to disturb anything between us, or do anything to flare my luck. You understand right? But yesterday... I realized that luck can't dictate everything. You don't let it, so I shouldn't either right? I'm... Fine with whatever happens as long as we can try our best."

Nagito beamed.

"That's what it means... to have hope, right?"

~~~~~~Monokuma Theater~~~~~

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! And for those that didn't know- Happy Birthday to the Ultimate Sweetheart! Created last year on Christmas, it was my 'gift' to the internet, and I hope all of you that stuck with it for so long continue to enjoy it and that I continue to update! I don't doubt that I'll be writing this story until it's official plot meets it's end as I intended when I first made it. I hope all of you know how crazy awesome you are and that you enjoy the start of a new decade! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!