Skeptic Please(1)

"Leave. They're already dead."

"..."

"You can't be here, she'll just kill you too."

"I can't leave (Y/n) here like this..." Nagito started, his eyes slowly changing. He was starting to really feel the intensity of this stronger feeling. Something he'd felt throughout all of his life, that stopped when you were around, yet now, sitting by your side it'd never been so strong before. He knew what it was, and he didn't try to stop it anymore. What was the point? He might as well... succumb to despair if he no longer had anyone to live for. He looked up at the black haired man. His eyes were different from when he'd first gotten to this room, hate, jealousy, and despair gleamed through the swirls in his eyes as they bored into the other man's red ones.

"Ha... Hinata-kun..." Komaeda choked on his own breath for a second. "You let her... How could you... Let her die..."

The black haired man stayed silent, staring back with a sharp glare.

"You were here the whole time, right...?" Nagito looked back down at your body and laughed, tears streaming down his face as the laughing grew louder. "One day... An even greater hope will be born from this despair! I'm sure of it...!!"

.

.

.

Just a little earlier, you and the class were all headed down to that strange underground hideout. Junko was there, Mitarai, the strange man that looked like Hajime- and god knows what could happen to your teacher if you all didn't hurry.

'You have to stay with Chiaki. No matter what, Ok?'

You nodded to yourself. Thinking back on Nagito's words, he said he had a bad feeling about all of this. He said something bad was sure to happen if anyone ended up alone. He was probably right, because you felt it too. "Stay alert you guys! We'll be fine, we're here as a group." The gamer cheered to the class. Chiaki felt your hand tighten on hers as you all walked through the tunnel. "Are you OK (Y/n)? Are you worried because of Tanaka and Nidai?" She looked at you for a second before looking back down at the stairs, Sonia voicing the same concern. "Don't worry about the big guy, he can handle em. Hell, I bet he's already knocked half of them out and has the other half running wind sprints by now. You hesitantly shook your head as the others continued to talk. "It's nothing, I'm just nervous is all, but I'm sure we'll be fine, like you said Chiaki-chan!" You gave a winded giggle. You really were a little worried, but there were so many of you, so there was no way you could fail right? But why was your intuition acting all squirley right now... The others voicing more of their concerns didn't help your worries either. Teruteru mentioned the possibility of Junko and the school working together, which would vaguely make sense but... The school seemed upset about the transfer student situation, and you couldn't help feeling like that transfer was Hajime- Or the version of him that you saw. "I just hope our teacher is OK..." You looked over to Ibuki and smiled nodding your head to reassure her. "Now let's all focus on doing what we can... It's weird, but I have this weird feeling in my stomach like there's still time to get the best ending in this rpg!" You grinned, "When we're all done with this, we can have a big party to celebrate, games, and food and everything right Chiaki-chan?" You felt your nervous stomach pains fade away bit by bit as Chiaki giggled. "There's no base to it, but when you talk like that I believe you." The ultimate imposter looked back at you both as you tailed the group as lookouts. You clenched your fists. "Yeah? Well I think it's because we're all so strong, we've never failed together before right? I'll do everything I can until my last breath to make sure we all make it out of this no matter what. So as long as I keep that in mind... I'll be fine! That's what love is after all...!" You gave a close eyed smile to Chiaki before glancing over at Nagito. "I hope I'm right then, to be honest it was just a hunch..." "You are right Chiaki-chan, that's why we're here, because we all have the same feeling, especially when you're around-" You both stopped as Chiaki was halted by Mikan's abrupt stop. "You OK?" Chiaki looked at Mikan and you watched as the class walked on without you three. You clenched Chiaki's hand tighter and anxiously looked up at Mikan. "Chiaki... Can we talk alone for a moment...?"Mikan nervously looked away and Chiaki nodded. You blanched again. "W-wait, is there anyway I can stay with you guys too? I don't trust us being too small in numbers, especially since we aren't really the strongest fighting members of the class..." You looked down nervously, shaking a little as that same fearful feeling came back to haunt you again and suddenly you looked up with wide eyes. Why did you feel so nervous again? It had gone away a second ago... You looked down at where the rest of the class had disappeared from, shaking a little more once you'd realized Nagito was going to be a lot farther away than you had hoped, but you'd catch up with the class eventually right...? Why did this feel like it might be the last time you see him...? Like you were breaking the promise to go through this with him?

"Sure, actually, I think it's perfect that you're here to talk too..." Mikan gave a sad smile and looked away. "It's just, you're both kind of a puzzle to me, did you know that? Nanami, you used to be so quiet and withdrawn before, but then you perked up and became the center of the class's attention!"

"No... I mean, I talk more than I used to, but-" Chiaki bashfully waved her hands before being cut off again. "You even serve as our class representative... And (L/n)... It's expected that you'd just love everyone with your talent... But your talent is completely emotion based, and I never thought there was such a thing as a talent like that before... You truly care so much, never staying down under pressure, and always putting others before yourself when it's simple things that don't concern you. Loving Nagito with all your heart, helping me, with a talent that seems like it shouldn't exist, you make sure no one in our group will ever feel alone, you're a perfect class deputy..." You smiled, "T-thank you Mikan, but you're amazing too-" You still felt the nervous feeling bubble up from your stomach to your chest. "You're both like glue that holds this classroom together..."

"Tsumiki, what's up...?" Chiaki looked at her worriedly too. "Yeah, that's sweet but is something wrong...?" You stared at her expectantly, waiting for something to happen, preparing yourself.

"Please forgive me for this..."

You felt like throwing up now, you grabbed Chiaki's hand again and squeezed it, but she didn't take her eyes off of Mikan as she turned around to you both with tears in her eyes. Chiaki and you gasped, almost in sync as she pushed you both. You had prepared yourself without expecting something like this- For the wall behind you to open up, and the unexpected strength behind such a weak looking girl's push. You grabbed Chiaki's other hand with yours and while she screamed she could see the panic in your face as you closed your eyes and awaited the ground below with tears.

.

.

.