Contemplation Proclamation

School was becoming anything but normal, but in the best way possible! Our new teacher as it turned out was a former Ultimate herself- SHSL Housekeeper as a matter of fact. You may or may not be able to tell from her talent, but she was a very sharp skilled woman with a major knack for bringing people together. In no time, the other students had started coming to class everyday, and I had even healed my relationship with Hiyoko within that time. And as for me and Nagito? Well, I was starting to see him a lot more often and we had only gotten closer. We told each other secrets, and he even helped me aid the rest of the class as I had taken it upon myself to help everyone with stress or drama.

Chiaki seemed to have similar motives of helping out as much as possible too. She held game tournaments for the class, she had finally come out of her shell and it was all so amazing to see! Yukizome-sensei made us see that there was so much more we had to learn, yet now, I didn't know where to start... So I tried to start bonding more with the classmates, even working with Nagito to make treats and surprise the class with them. Everything was perfect but something must've been missing! That, or I was expecting too much from myself? Too little? I was stressing about it endlessly now, I couldn't tell if I was doing enough to make people happy, and the worry was eating me from the inside.

"(Y/N)!"
"Huh!?"

I snapped out of my worried trance to find Ms.Yukizome staring at me worriedly, Nagito standing by her with an identical expression. "Are you ok? You seem really worried about something... You were shaking dear!"

I exhaled an unsteady breath...

She could help if I told her, but at the same time, I really didn't want to bother her... I had already bothered Nagito with my problems! Me worrying about this for much longer wouldn't be healthy either though... It would only make things worse... Right? So maybe I just have to tell her, no matter what...

"It's n-nothing miss...I'm just worried I'm not d-doing enough for the class... Chiaki is class Rep, ya'know? ...A-and I'm the vice...! But I feel so useless... Am I doing any of this right?" I looked up at her wearily and she smiled back at me.

"I'm glad you told me. Hey... How about you come with me for second ok?" I glanced over at Nagito and nodded. Since it was an after school day and everyone had gone home already, Nagito just smiled and nodded back. He calmly voiced his reply saying he'd be fine staying in the classroom for a while and that I could take my time. He was always so courteous. So I waved a temporary goodbye at the classroom door and with that, Ms.Yukizome led me to the school courtyard.

The air felt nice outside and I immediately felt calmer in the brisk breeze.

"I really am proud of you." She said as she stared at the sky. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You're so attentive, and even though you're doing great, you still worry for the sake of your classmates happiness." She looked at me and smiled warmly. "But it's important that you don't worry too much about it. It's hard to make people happy when you aren't happy you know. It's also important that you take care of yourself in general! You don't need to please everyone if you don't want to anyways, not everyone will be happy with every choice you make. If you try to make everyone happy, you'll either fail, or never find your own happiness." I looked up at her anxiously. "But I'm the Ultimate Sweetheart, it's practically my job... If I fail and I can't keep attending Hope's Peak Academy? I'll lose everything I love...and I won't be able to see my best friend!" I choked out. "This isn't as big a deal as you think it is (l/n)-San. I don't know if you can tell, but I've never seen anyone put a smile on so many faces since you and Nanami-san. I have other teachers jealous, trust me.~" She smirked playfully. "Thank you...I guess I am obsessing over this a bit too much huh.." I chuckled, wiping a tear from my face, I hadn't at all realized I had started crying. 'How embarrassing', I thought as I chuckled lightly. "I'm glad you care so much, that passion will help so many people get through tough times. Your talent in cheering people up, making them feel special? It's working out a lot more than you think it is, so never doubt it or let go of it!" Holding her hands behind her back she tilted her head up and closed her eyes to feel the breeze as it lifted her dress and hair just a bit. I could only look on at her with deep admiration, "How do you do it? You even managed to make me feel better!" I looked at her with awe. "I tend to pay a lot of attention, and of course, I have great instincts! You do to you know, I've seen it. Now let's get back to the room, I'm sure you and Komaeda have things to do right? You both need to go home." I looked down in disappointment and mumbled. "Aw man... but home is boring compared to here..." I looked back and smiled brightly, "But I get to walk back with Ko-chan so it's fine!"

Komaeda was standing patiently at the classroom window, watching you both talk from above, but unable to hear a single word of what you both were saying. He was going through, what he thought at least, were confusing times. He didn't understand why, but he couldn't seem to keep his mind off of you. Your presence around him felt normal, and when you were apart, part of you still lingered. That must mean you two were just the best of friends right? It made him tingly inside to think that for once in his life, he had actually made a friend, but it also scared him. What kind of bad luck could occur now? His parents were dead, so were his dog, and he didn't have any surviving family, so what did that mean for you? What would happen if you were to continue being friends with him...? It was just now occurring to him, that despite all of his cherished days with you, there was no way you would survive being around him, so what was he to do now...? He placed his hand on the window pane where you were visible from below. "What do I do...? She's my only hope, I can't let her die..."

Me and Yukizome-sensei made our way back to the classroom, and after she said her goodbyes to me she left.

Popping my head in through the door, I gave a full grin to Nagito to let him know I was OK. The look he gave me, was full of worry, and sadness, maybe even despair. I immediately ran over to him, "Somethings wrong right? Do you want to tell me what happened?" I asked as calmly as possible, albeit with a worried look.

"....I'm fine...I'll tell you later." He said looking away at the ground. So reluctantly I asked back "...Do you feel loved yet...?" He looked at me and opened his mouth to say something, but last second, he closed his mouth and looked away. "I-... I guess I'll say it now... I have to tell you something..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Monokuma Theater*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Can I please find a better line than "do you feel loved yet"??

It sounds so sappy and cringey in a not good way... ;-;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~