When It's OK to Worry

‘Strange…’ You thought. ‘Very strange…’

It’d been a week and you hadn’t heard from the office, you hadn’t heard from Enoshima, or Ikusaba, and you hadn’t seen the same Mitarai that you’d seen last week - and now-? Now Mikan was missing too! And to top it off, everyone had been talking for about a day now about some video they were calling ‘The Tragedy of Hope’s Peak Academy’… They were angry, and you still didn’t even know exactly why yet…

“A video did all this?” You asked out loud as you neared the doors of your classroom. You were hearing more and more about it as you walked through the halls. Students talking about all of the awful things that had happened in it… Death, a gruesome killing game…? A couple teachers seemed off as well… Like something terrible had happened, and since it started, even though it had only been a day, it’d been getting worse.

“(Y/n)!”

“Huh?” Your eyes snapped up from your desk. You’d been so far in thought again that you hadn’t greeted anyone the way you normally would have and you completely failed to see Chiaki and Ibuki standing in front of your desk.

“(Y/n)... Do you know why everyone at school seems so upset lately?” Chiaki asked. You assumed everyone else would've known, but of course, Chiaki was probably playing games rather than seeing the video. You on the other hand just didn’t want to see it. If it was as bad as people were saying it was… it’d be for the best. You shrugged, “I have no idea… But from what I heard, it was a video that showed up on everyone’s phone… I haven’t been on mine ever since.” “Whaaaat!?” Ibuki yelled. “You guys didn’t see the video!?” She screeched. “N-No…? Is that a bad thing? It doesn’t sound like a pleasant video… People said there were a lot of gruesome deaths involved… Is that true Ibu-chan?” You looked up at her with innocent eyes, genuinely not wanting to see anything that bad that involved this school. You could go against violence and mistreatment at this school without having to watch it right? Ibuki caved, “Y-You’re right! You two are way too pure to see something like that…! It was… Really terrible… Even Ibuki-chan froze to stone when she saw the clips…” You were about to chip in that you weren’t that innocent when you heard her tone get quieter. It wasn’t normal for Ibuki to show fear like this… She was so bright! Brighter than you!

“This must’ve been a horrible video to have even gotten to Ibuki-chan like this…” Chiaki mumbled. You could see a troubled look on her face as she tried to think of something to do. You thought to yourself as well.

‘Could this have had something to do with Enoshima and Ikusaba…? Mitarai-san is an animator... Did he help with this? No way right..? But they must've needed him for something.’

“(L/N), (Y/N) to the downstairs office. I repeat, (L/N), (Y/N) to the downstairs office.”

You didn’t hear it the first time, so it wasn’t until Chiaki shook your arm lightly that you realized you were called.

“Do you want me to walk with you?” Chiaki asked.

“Are you sure you want to see Hope’s Peak’s main faculty? What Ibuki-chan means is… Aren’t they the reason for the Tragedy of Hope’s Peak?” Ibuki nervously pleaded with you, honestly worried about your well being, but…

“I don’t need anyone to walk with me, but thanks for the offer Chiaki-chan. And don’t worry Ibu-chan, I’m sure it’ll be fine! I’ll be back soon ok?”

You headed downstairs to the office, and at this point, you were just as nervous as Ibuki about why you were called. But in the end it wasn’t much. Just the principal informing you that you weren’t needed for the project anymore due to recent events. It was a project you barely ever got to know anything about… But after seeing how angry everyone was at Hope’s Peak… And not to mention the deaths- You really didn’t feel like being a part of it anymore anyways, and hopefully the new student wherever they were had decided against being here for now as well. Heck, maybe that was the reason why they cancelled the project in the first place! The student decided they didn’t want to be here after the news about the Tragedy of Hope’s Peak. You felt a little happier about that now, but you still wanted to know for sure so you asked. The principal responded with something very worrying.

“Ah… Yes… You could say they dropped the project…”

Why did he sound so nervous? He wasn’t one of the students in the Tragedy of Hope’s Peak was he…!? But as he looked back up at you and caught your suspicious expression he sighed. “No, he isn’t dead… It’s just-... Well, it isn’t something you’re supposed to know about…” You nodded slowly, still uncomfortable with the implications, but at this point, you also just wanted to leave, so you did.

Walking back through the halls, you noticed the yelling was much louder than it was before, and it was getting to a point where you had to cover your ears just to make it through. Upon entering the classroom, you didn’t feel any better as you saw everyone looking at their phone. They were either the few watching the Tragedy or the majority reading the comments which seemed to hold some kind of threat towards the school. But perhaps the most worrying part, was how your friends crowded around the window. And past all the other things they were looking at or worrying about, the small but angry crowd of people in front of the school gate had to be the scariest thing right now.

But what about Nagito, was he gonna be OK? Could his luck save him from this many people if they decided to hurt him when he came back? And not to mention he had to leave while you were on bad terms with him… What if you never saw him again…? Dammit, was this gonna be like those sad shows where someone dies in the end? You didn’t want to admit it, but you wanted Nagito back right now. You wanted to be held by him and comforted, but what if he really  didn’t come back...?

~~~~*Monokuma Theater*~~~~
Umm. You guys know we're reaching the end of this one right? Just saying so you can be aware that when I release the next part of this story, it may be in another book. So follow me just to be sure you see it's release!