Skeptic Please(2)

.

.

.

"Nanami, (L/n)! Please... Wake up! I need to know that you're both ok!" You could feel a adamant shake to your shoulder as you stirred, your eyes open just barely, vision blurred. Chiaki got up before you, gasping as she saw the redheaded teacher kneeling before you both.

"Thank god...!"

"Miss Yukizome! What are you doing here?" Chiaki asked, looking at you and back to the teacher.

"After you ran, that long haired boy let me go... I don't think he's our enemy..."

"Huh!?"

"But anyways what are you both doing here, alone again too!"

"We weren't alone, the whole class came back so we could save you!" Chiaki shook you lightly, and you slowly pulled yourself up.

"Tsumiki pushed us... And-"

You looked up at Miss Yukizome still dazed with a worried look as she nodded.

"We need to find the others right away." She stood up and held her hands out to the both of you. "They can't save themselves, but we can!" She gave a determined stare to the both of you as you saw Chiaki nod and take her hand. You followed suit. Chiaki and her smiled, and you wanted to smile too. You'd found your teacher. So why were you still uneasy when you should be ecstatic? You could leave soon now, you could see Nagito again- You hugged her nonetheless, because no matter how your gut felt, you also really wanted to hug your teacher, and knowing at least that she was safe now was amazing in itself.

.

.

.

Walking felt like it took even longer than before without the class with you. And your redheaded teacher was a lot quieter than usual. "Not to sound doubtful but..." You trailed off and Chiaki finished for you with the same concern in mind. "Miss Yukizome, you're absolutely sure this is the way?" Chisa answered as smoothly as ever with a strange confidence that she didn't have earlier. "Would you both prefer to go back?" Chiaki denied the statement, challenging her words instead. "No, I'm our classroom's representative after all, everyone's waiting on me..."

"That's what I thought you'd say Chiaki. Shall we then?" She looked back at you both for an affirmation and Chiaki nodded, you kept staring at the floor.

You were quiet again, as you had been for most of this day.

"Something wrong, (L/n)?" Chisa asked, peering at you with one eye as she looked at the door right in front of you both. You wanted to be honest, this was the woman you confided in time and time again after all... But why did this all seem so sinister...? You moved your head up, but you were still looking down. You parted your lips to speak, and yet you couldn't utter a sound. You took a deep breath, but felt lightheaded even still and speaking again was strange as well. '

'Something about this feels so sinister'

That's what you wanted to say. But Chisa's eyes... You couldn't say it somehow, despite it being the right option. Despite your own intuition screaming at you to tell the truth.

"I'm ready, let's all leave together. Right?"

You almost couldn't breath, you were so scared and yet-

Not a single stutter. Not as much as a waver. It wasn't even what you wanted to say...

.

.