Skeptic Please(3)

The giant doors at the beginning of this horrific game weren't nearly as terrifying as what you both were really faced with inside. You should've stayed behind that damned door's opening. Maybe then you wouldn't have been in this pain right now. Junko's pitchy voice kept ringing through the monitor- Praising Nanami's skills, and admonishing yours. You were both wounded pretty lightly so far. Your stamina was lower, but all in all, it was just scrapes. You could make it...

Chiaki felt her foot lower on a tile and she stepped back quickly, falling back with a shrill scream. Her foot caught on a sharp spike and she tried her best to manage pulling it out.

"Badoh oh!~ Here's where things get hairy! Give em hell girlfriend! Eyes on the prize! Your friends are waiting for you at the finish line!~"

Chiaki cried, not daring to look up at the monitor, and you tried hoisting her back onto her feet. Neither of you had any medical supplies on you. You probably wouldn't get a chance to use them if you did, and neither of you knew where Mikan was. Then again... Would seeing Mikan help right now...?

"I've heard stories, ya know... Apparently you're the glue that holds the whole shabang together!~ Lines were all drew up in that sand before you came along. Your classmates were a ragtag bunch of brats and back bitters!" Junko spoke to Chiaki with a smug look.

"W-we can make it... We can make it...!" Chiaki chanted tirelessly as her eyes flinched towards every direction.

Chiaki barely missed getting stabbed and your shoulder was slashed lightly as you glanced her way in worry. "W-we will Chiaki... I promise..!" You were paranoid, and you wanted to hold hands with her to make sure you stayed together, but it seemed to only heighten every risk there was... The labyrinth seemed to get smaller and smaller every second and you choked back a cry as it seemed to close you in tighter. Was there any end to this thing!? You heard the rumble of another ball, as it rolled down the hall towards you both and Junko spoke once again.

"And you made a team outta them! I'm drawn to that kinda talent like a moth to a flame."

Suddenly you were separated, both of you going opposite ways on accident. You looked back in fear again, everything felt colder- How were you going to protect each other like this- Dammit! Couldn't this at least just stay a two player game!?

You could barely hear distant voices, Junko from a farther out of sight monitor, and Chiaki yelling at her with determination. Another slash to your leg, and you screamed. "(Y/n)!!" You heard Chiaki call out for you, and turned around to her direction. You couldn't see her, but you were almost certain, she was around the corner- So you ran.

Your desperation was met with another failure, and your back was met with a mildly spiked bat.

"Dontcha just love technology you guys!? It makes the battle even more fun! Though I wouldn't have needed it if Honey-bun didn't try playing hero~ I mean haven't you done enough? All of your insecure classmates finally have some sense of self love! Aww- Isn't that nice?~" You could hear a loud cackle as you fell to the ground, gripping your rumpled shirt. You were bleeding so hard...

"Whoa! Go team Nanami! You're on fire girl!~ As expected of the Super High School Level Gamer!" Junko squealed again. "The sooner you both perish horribly, the sooner this video can kick rock bottom into prime real estate!~ Oh my god... silly me, I mean- Good luuuck!~"

Just the word luck made your heart ache as you thought back to Nagito. And speaking of which, where could they be...? After everything Junko said, would they really be at the end of this maze...? Your thoughts were easily distracted by a distant whimper from the opposite side of the previous one and with a light glimmer of hope, you cautiously checked to see if it was Chiaki. You were met with a quick hug- But the hug wasn't a happy reunion as much as it was a valiant save.