Sickly Rose(1)

You had woken up late and ended up being nearly late to class today. Nagito had taken you to your house and went home for the night (then made sure to send you a text). You expected to see him in class, but when you finally got there, you scanned the room and he wasn't there. You passed out cookies to the class as normal, yet with a worried smile, then continued to wait patiently for a few more minutes before asking the teacher if she knew where Nagito was. She shook her head and told you he was at home sick again. "Sick? Why didn't he tell me...?" You wondered. You'd forgotten just how sickly he was. He'd get sick pretty often, and his pale complexion coupled with his frail form should've been enough of a reminder to you. You asked nicely if you could go see how Komaeda was doing and Yukizome said yes, so you said your goodbyes and left the classroom. Some of your friends whistled at you but you didn't understand why. At this point though, most students would see you and Nagito walk to and from school frequently. Many of them thinking you must be going out, despite how odd he was and how sweet you were. Neither of you noticed and neither of you seemed to care either, usually give a questioning look before walking away or getting distracted.

Walking all the way to his house would've felt normal and exciting if not for the fact that he wasn't with you, and you were worried. When you reached his doorsteps you sighed. Suddenly many worries came rushing through your head and you looked down while hiding your face in your hands. 'What if he doesn't want me here? What if he's worried he'll get me sick and I'm only making him upset? What if I'm just a bother to him instead!?" You took deep breaths and stood up straight, trying your best to not show worry you knocked on the door. It was important that you push those worries aside and help your friend while he was in need. Showing worry could make him feel bad, and knowing how fragile he could be at times, you weren't going to make him feel like that while he was sick.

"....He's taking a while to get to the door... I hope he really is ok... This house is really big, who knows what could happen..!" You gasped and your eyes went wide as you silently screamed 'WHAT IF HE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS OR SOMETHING AND IT'S MY FAULT FOR MAKING HIM COME OPEN THE DOOR!?' Your thoughts were quickly halted as you heard the door knob turn. You made yourself look as happy as possible but you couldn't tell if it looked convincing or not while you were still worrying over previous thoughts.

"Ah...? (Y/N)... Why do you look... Constipated? S-sorry if that's rude! I have some laxatives if you want so-" A sudden cough stopped him from finishing and even though this wasn't the right moment, you started laughing at his words and the ridiculously weird anxieties of before. "Sorry, I was just really worried about you, I came here to take care of you if you need help with anything." You chuckled as he gave you permission to enter and you helped him back inside. "Thank you, but I don't want to be a bother, you should be at school with the rest of the ultimates... Not here helping someone like me" He said. His voice was weak and even though he tried to stop it, he started coughing again, worse than before he kneeled onto the ground. You sat down next him worriedly, "I'm here because I'm worried about you ok? There's no way I'm leaving you in this condition... Have you eaten anything this morning?" He looked up at you, looking into his eyes, you saw something you'd seen before. His eyes were swirling with shades of green and black, he looked sad, but more so he looked like he was in despair. As if that weren't enough, his normally pale skin looked even paler, a deathly white like paper, and he seemed exhausted.

You quickly helped him to the closest couch and laid him on it. "I'm good at taking care of people, remember? I've done it for you before and it always makes me happy to see you get better." You smiled at him, "There's no reason at all to feel like a bother. Friends are supposed to help each other right?" He looked down for a second then back at you with a weak smile of genuine appreciation, "I guess so, I promise to repay the favor anytime you need." You got up from the couch after helping him and hummed in approval. "So I guess you have to nurse me back to health Mikan-style when I'm sick then too, huh? Oh! By the way, where's your kitchen?" You giggled. He chuckled back, "It's to the left of the stairs, I tried making something earlier but I don't think it's edible so be careful." You looked at him feigning disappointment, "Nagito, you're not supposed to cook when you're sick, especially not in the condition your in. How sick are you today?" He paused before deciding to crack a joke instead of answering, "...Physically or mentally?" You let out a laugh and went to the kitchen to make him some some soup. "Just let me make you some soup idiot."