Chapter Eighteen: Operation Rescue

Isabella

"Are you sure this is the way?" The voice said.

"Hold your fire, that voice sounds familiar," I ordered.

I walked slowly to the corner.

"Colonel!" Ariana yelled.

"Hush!" I told her.

"Colonel!" Ariana yelled again.

I raised my gun and pointed it in their face.

"How many times am I going to get gunned in the face today."

"Sorry Major," I lowered my gun. "All clear."

Yovany

"Hello Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel," I said.

"That's the colonel and lieutenant colonel!" Jake said.

"Yup the leader and second in command of the group. Isabella and Ariana. Lily's sister and cousin." William said.

"Hey everyone it's been a while," Isabella said.

"Have you seen Lily yet? We haven't seen her yet," Celeste jumped in.

"I was going to ask the same thing. But to answer your question, no we haven't seen her," Isabella said.

"But the three of us saw her early. She told us to go down into the sewer and find everyone. Unfortunately she got captured and sent to Kimblee's office," Emanuel said.

"Well let's go than," Isabella said.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? We hardly know this place and with a big group it'll be very noticeable," I said.

"But she can be in danger or something," Isabella said.

"Colonel. I'm sure that she will be okay. She has made it out of these situations before. We know you care for her but we still have to think rationally," I said.

She didn't say anything for a good minute or two. It's been twelve years since she has seen her but we can't let emotion get in the way of logic.

"Okay, okay. I understand." Isabella sighed. "Let's head back to where you guys came from and figure out our plan."

Celeste

We head for the sewer entrance.

"Colonel-" I said.

"No please call me Isabella or Bell."

"Okay Isabella, how long have you served," I asked.

"I took class for three years at age 18 and I started at 21 only three years," Isabella said. "I got promoted fast because when I graduated I was already a lieutenant. I got promoted to Colonel at 23 because I protected the President the same with everyone else."

"And you have been looking for Lily?"

"Yeah ever since I knew about her disappearance, I have been trying to find her. It's been 12 years and I finally get to see her again. That's why I freaked out earlier," She said.

"What do you mean by knew," I asked.

"Our parents didn't tell me about her disappearance till I was 15. I didn't know that she was missing. They told me that she was on a super long trip," She said.

She only knew that she was gone since 15? Well it might have been for the best. She would have been failing all of her classes, distracted and only wanting to find Lily, I thought. We all went silent for the first half of the way there. Isabella, the Lieutenant Colonel, William, Yovany, and Emanuel went to talk about the plan of attack.