Chapter Twenty-six: Operation Action (Ariana's Group)

Celeste

We split with our groups, and we gave each other a map of the system. Lily gave the map to me saying that she has the map on her device. We went north towards the central command. We ran into some guards on the way there, but they weren't any trouble. We pulled out the map to make sure that we are going the right way and we continued going the right way.

"Is everyone still here?" Ariana asked.

"Yeah we are all here," I said.

"Hey up here."

We went up the ladder and found ourselves in one of the offices. It was big with the bigger desk near a window and a big table with dividers. We looked around for anything that would be useful. There was a picture of someone with another person on the bigger desk. I picked it up and showed it to Ariana.

"Oh this is Isabella and Lily when they were younger."

"Huh? Let me see," Lily said, coming over to them. "Oh yeah this was me and Bell when I started seventh grade. It's been ages since 2015."

"Yeah twelve years ago."

"But this isn't Bella's office..." Ariana said.

"Wait what? This isn't her office?" I said.

"No this is someone else's. We all have our own pictures and stuff. Like I have a picture of me, her, and Lily. Something isn't right," She said.

Lily walked to the door and tried it. It was locked and it was dark.There was a light piercing through the bottom of the door. Someone shoes showed through the bottom.

"Guys we need to hid," Lily said.

Ariana grabbed the picture frame and jumped into the sewers. We followed her and went underneath into the sewers and Lily held the lid down. We heard the door open and heard two men that we didn't recognize.

"I swear I heard someone in here, and I saw the door wiggling."

"You must have been imagining things, brother."

"Hey the picture is gone."

"What do you mean it's gone? Someone took it?"

"It seems like that. Where did it go? President Kimblee isn't going to like what we reported today."

"Yeah he isn't. But we have to report that someone's here."

"I'm going for it," Lily whispered.

"No you can't do that! You'll just make security tighter."

"We can't let them report this," Lily said.

She jumped out of the hole and hit one of them in the face. I came out and attacked the one behind her.

"Thanks," She said.

I nodded and we grabbed the guys and handcuffed them. We took anything that was important like radios and guns. They had a Selvian military uniform one. They both had orange hair. The other had a red scarf on.

"Hey... these are our men... the men that we compand. What are they doing here?" Ariana said.

"These guys are your men? They might have been order to guard the area," I said.

Lily inspected their uniforms, "Yeah your right. These are Selvia military uniforms. Kimblee's uniforms have black and they usually carry only heavy guns and pistols. These guys are carrying swords and pistols, and their uniforms are blue like yours."

They started to wake up.

"Lieutenant Colonel Xiong?!" The one in the red scarf said shocked.

"Where have you been? Where's the rest of the team?" The other one said.

"We are split up for now. What are you doing here?"

"We were order to take you and the rest in, but really how can we do that to our commanding officers?" The red scarf man said.

"We refused to take you in and we were discharged. We were unable to find you anywhere. It seemed like the team disappeared from the world. We stayed out for the time being, taking refugees in a fort outside of town," One of them said.

"Which fort?" Lily asked.

"The fort next to the abandoned military base. Fort Selvia."

"The base next to Fort Selvia, was the base we were in..." Celeste said.

"Did you see anyone there when you were there?!" Ariana asked.

"We did see someone walk into the base. I think it was the president but he was with someone that looked the same as him."

"Oh no..." Ariana said.

"What? Lieutenant colonel what's wrong?" One of them asked.

"The president was there. The president that has been ruling for a week is a fake!"

"What? The president is a fake!?" On of them said.

Ariana grabbed the radio and radio Isabella. "Colonel do you copy!" She yelled. "Do you copy! We have a code red! I repeat a code red!"

"There is no need for that now lieutenant colonel," Someone said.

Lily grabbed the radio from her, "Who are you?! Where is Colonel?!"

"No need to worry about her Agustina. She is in good hands."

"Kimblee... where is she! Where is her group!" Lily said.

"Like I said there is need to worry about them. What you should be more concern about is the president."

"Where are they Kimblee I want answers! Where are they!" She said.

"You only got so much time. I suggest you start looking. Goodbye Agustina, I will see you soon."

The radio cut off.

"Ugh! Ariana get their handcuffs off and let's go we will need all the help we can get. We are heading to the president's office."