Chapter Twenty-Nine: Evacuation of the City

Nehemiah

I meet up with Joselyn. We discussed the plan to each other and put on the uniforms. We started on the block we meet on and we knocked on many doors. I knocked on the door so sometime now. There wasn't an answer. I picked locked the door and got in.

"Please don't hurt us!" The lady yelled.

"Please calm down. I'm not here to hurt you. We have to evacuate the city. Our military is in the capital defeating the fake president."

"So your not here to hurt us?" The guy asked.

"No I am with this group and I am not here to hurt you. We are doing everything we can to get everyone out of the city. The fake president will send out a battalion to kill anyone that will help us. So we are taking the civilians out so you don't get killed. Please follow me, you will be somewhere safe," I said.

I lead the way to the outskirts of the city where there was a abandoned military base. I told them to stay inside of here and wait for us to return. One of the men there grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Wait! Who else is doing this with you?" he asked.

"Another person from the military."

"Just you two are going to evacuate the whole town? I like to help you."

"Sir it would be risky for anyone but military to do this you would be shoot on the spot."

"I know that it's risky, but the military has done so much for us civilians. Just this once let us help you."

"..." I hesitated. "Alright then. Anyone else want to join?"

Multiply people stood up to help us in evacuating the city. Joselyn came into the base with more people.

"We have bad news."

"The military is in the city. If anyone of them follows us they will kill anyone in here?" She said.

"Do we have any weapons here?" I asked.

"There should be some in the armory," Joselyn said.

"We are going to need all the help we can get. Someone has to stay here and protect the people staying. For the rest of you that are helping us, grab a weapon and follow us."

Men and women started getting up and grabbing anything that was a weapon.

"Follow us we will get started."

We head out side and grouped up with the people that wanted to help.

"We need a quarter of you to come with us to take the army. The rest get the rest of the people to the base make sure no one is following you back. If you see any military uniforms except us shot them and leave them. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. Now go the Colonel is counting on us."

I took some of them to the armies and Joselyn took the others to get more people. We defeated most of the Selvia military and some of Kimblee's men. The fighting lasted four hours. At the fourth hour mark, the military and Kimblee's men back down and retreated. We cheered out and watched as they ran away. We helped the rest of the other team get everyone out of the city and into the base. I told Joselyn to stay at the base while I go to the capital.

__________