Chapter Twenty-Four: The Assassin

M. Phil

I finally made it home. I unlocked the door and saw my family still there. I was out of breath and tired from running and driving from the airport.

"What are you doing here Matt?" my sister asked.

"I can't tell you. We have to leave now," I said.

"Where to son?" my mother asked.

"I can't tell you. All I can say is that we are in danger. We have to leave now."

I helped them pack there most important stuff before Kimblee got here. I don't want them to die. I had already lost my father I don't want to lose everyone else. I grabbed all their luggage and placed it into the car. I had a bad feeling. Like someone was watching us. But I was more worried about us getting out of the country. I head back inside to grab more and I saw Geller with his arm around my sister's neck. He hold a gun up to her head. Kimblee held my mother.

"Dr. Kimblee!" I yelled.

"Hello Doctor. Long time no see," Kimblee said, "Geller"

Geller tighten his grip around her neck.

"Let go of them!" I yelled.

"And why would I do that? You left with Augustia and her group and escaped. You understand the consequences Dr. Phil."

"Don't kill them! I'll do anything, just don't kill them, please..." I said.

"Are you begging to keep you family alive? Mmm fine. I'll keep them alive but you do this without refusals," Kimblee said. "Do we have a deal?"

I don't want to work with him again, but I don't want to watch my family die, I thought.

"Fine... I except your deal," I said.

"Matthias..." my mother said.

"Geller take them back to the lab."

"Yes sir."

"Wait what are you going to do with them?! You said that you wouldn't kill them!" I said worried.

"Yes I did say that I wouldn't kill them, but I didn't say that we couldn't experiment on them," Kimblee said.

"No... You can't... I won't let you!" I said.

"Phil... you do not govern a man that is above you."

I fell silence. I couldn't do anything to help them. Geller took my family to the truck and Kimblee hold me back from them, separating me from them.

"You are task with a special mission," Kimblee said, handing me a sniper and a controller.

"What are these for?" I asked.

"You are to kill Captain Emanuel Hernandez. Geller failed twice to kill him."

"Why am I killing him for? Isn't he Agustina's friend?" I asked.

"Yes he is, but he knows our plan, and if we kill him, it would slow the group down and make them use up there time. Use the controller to glitch out Agustina's programmed system. You will be covered by the fog. She will be the only one that could see in the fog so cut the system down. They are here. Heading to this base. They only have so much time before I start to invade other countries."

I don't want to kill a friend of someone that has helped me escape, and given me respect and trust. If I kill him for the sake of my family I wouldn't have respect anymore from them. I wouldn't want to see them anymore because of what I did. They would find out what I have done after they find his notes, I thought.

"Get going Doctor. You wouldn't want to let your family down," Kimblee said.

I took a deep breath and head out the door with the sniper and the controller. I got into my car and head to the locution. I hid on the cliff of the mountain and set the gun up. I watched for him with the scope and prepared to fire. I took a deep breath and shot it. I missed the first time and shot again hitting him in the chest.

"I'm... so... sorry..." I said. I got into the car and drove to Kimblee.

Few Days Later

"I did what you asked for Kimblee! Now let my family go!" I commanded.

"Just a minute there Doctor. We haven't even gotten to the best part," Kimblee said.

"What do you mean?! The best part? I did what you asked just release us and we won't bother you!"

"I have already sent them up north and I was talking about the surgery. I can see what is in there but just that area. There is no other cameras in the military base. They will fail the survey because of how much blood he lost in 10 mins. The bullet is a special made bullet. This mercury bullet is going to kill him because it has melted. Your technology has killed him. This is on your hands. Don't come back here. Unless you want to be in prison forever," Kimblee said. "Get out of here."

I got out and into the car. I rested my head on the wheel and banged on it once.

"Dammit! I didn't want to kill him! I was forced to... How could I be so stupid?! It's my fault for this..."

My cell phone ringed. It had an unknown number. I took a deep breath and answered it.

"Is this Dr. Phil?"

"Yes ma'am and who are you?"

"This is Agustina and the rest of the team."

"Oh Agustina I haven't spoken to you for a while. Is there some you need from me?"

"Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm up north," I said.

"Did you get to your family in time."

"Yeah I did," I said.

"Do you mind coming here to the capital we need your help with making some chemical weapons."

"Umm yeah I'll come over there. I need the address."

"1476 mordent street CC."

"I'll be there."

I hanged up the phone and head over there.