Chapter Thirty-Six: Decision to Check the Cameras

Ethan

We voted and we decided to go with the cameras. We followed the Selvian military officers. The Lieutenant Colonel used the keycard to open the door. The lights flicker on and a computer sat in the middle of the room. Lilyanna opened the computer and typed in a code for the computer lock screen.

"Okay I have the cameras up," She said, pulling the cameras up on a hologram scene.

"It looks like he isn't here at all but the censor says that he is," The Major said.

"It doesn't make sense... Then where is he?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Wait something's happening," Lilyanna said.

A figure moved across the camera. She paused it. It showed a guy with a white jacket on, a lab coat. Blood spattered on the lens. The camera blacked out after.

"Why was there blood??"

"He killed someone that tried to stop him just now. He destroyed the camera as well."

The other cameras started to black out.

"Damnit. The damage bugs are gone. I can't make anymore right now because I need Williams part of the bugs," She said.

"What now?" Phoenix asked.

"Well the cameras went out in an order. That might be a clue to where he is," Ariana said.

"They also have the number of the camera on it. I should know. I watched them paint it on and put it on," President Kimblee said.

"We have a lead," Lilyanna said.

She wrote the cameras orders in when they were destroyed. We followed President Kimblee to the cameras placement. There were pieces of the camera on the floor. There was also a note on the ground. It had the word murder written backwards and with two lines under the d. We held onto the note. There was another note next to the other camera that we went to. It was in english written in a short paragraph. There was two letters that was in nunkish.

"What's this?" The Lieutenant Colonel asked.

"I believe that is nunkish. I learned nunkish but it's been a while," Lilyanna said.

"The letter that looks like a cancer ribbon is a two in lowercase nunkish and the one that looks like a lower case d is a d. My father taught me it when I was younger. It was a requirement for the Bradley family to code everything in nunkish," Riba said. "There might be a Bradley family member working with the doctor."

"I hope not. That bloodline has a way with coding everything and hiding in plain sight," Phoenix said.

With that little piece of evidence in mind, we continued to the other cameras and found one last piece of evidence. A book that had the number seven on it. There was another scan card on the ground this on though was for an unknown room in the area. It belonged to Captain Emanuel Hernandez. The Major shoved it into his pocket.

"Wait! Shouldn't we take these cards back to the person that had them?" I asked.

"...This key card belonged to a friend and teammate of ours. We can't give it back because he was shot and killed on duty," He said. "Come one we have countries to save."

It was quiet. There wasn't anything moving around. There were some conversations within the group. We stopped for a little.

"Umm... When did this all start? Meaning like with the Doctor and all," I asked.

"It has been happening for several years now. The Kimblee line has always been fighting with each other," President Kimblee said.

"You knew about this?" The Major asked.