Chapter Twenty-Two: Operation Recruitment

Jade

We knocked on the door to the house. A person opened the door. She looked familiar but some of us couldn't put a finger on it.

"We need your help," Isabella said.

She looked around to see if anyone was nearby. She let us in and asked if we could help her shut the window curtains. Afterwards we sat on the couch. Lily stood on guard making sure that no one followed us or was coming here.

"Do you guys want anything?"

Everyone shocked there heads. "No we are okay thanks."

She took a seat, "I haven't seen you guys in a while Colonel, and I have no record of any mission that President Kimblee sent out. What happened, how come you guys suddenly disappeared?"

"We had some things to do,"  Isabella said to her.

"Yeah I can see that. Who are they?" She asked.

"Do you not remember them?" Isabella asked.

"No I don't recognize them," She said.

She pointed at us individually and said our names at the same time.

"No that can't be right..."

"What do you mean?" Yovany asked.

"Jade, Jenny, Celeste, Niko, and Lily are people that went missing when I was in middle school and after high school. They can't be them."

"It's the truth. They're here with us. These are the people. The friends that we lost 12 years ago," William said.

"I need proof then. I can trust you guys but if this is a prank it's not funny."

"Hey Lily. Can you still draw with that metal hand of yours?" Yovany asked.

"Sadly no I can't. I can barely write with it."

"Can you still play your instrument?" William asked.

"My metal hand wouldn't be able to get one sound out of it. And really is that the best proof you got? We don't even have a clarinet here."

"Hey what did you pack in your bag before you were taken?" Ariana asked.

"My old art, my headphones, basically anything that could entertain me or could be useful," Lily said.

"Give me your old art," She ordered.

She took her messenger bag off and hand the drawings to her.

"I haven't seen these in years. Where did you get these?"

"Agh! Your so stubborn Joselyn! I am Lily. Or Lilyanna!"

"How do you know my name...? I didn't tell you it."

"Oh that's her name! I can't believe I forgot her name... I remember that she used to be sacred of shoes," Celeste said.

"No I wasn't!" Joselyn said.

"Do you remember now?" Isabella asked.

"... Yeah I do. Sorry, you guys look different now..." Joselyn said. "I mean you Lily, you have a bionic arm and eye. Celeste you have ears and a tail of a cat. Niko has long and pink hair. Jenny is wearing a fedora, I never remember seeing you wearing anything like that. Usually that's Yovany's thing."

"Hey wait a moment! I stopped in high school," Yovany exclaimed.

"No. I don't think so. I still saw you wear a fedora after high school."