Chapter 145

Chapter One Hundred and Forty Five

"Ew, you're not actually keeping that awful haircut, are you?" Tiffany asked as she wrinkled her nose in distaste at Leo's three bizarre Mohawk spikes. I smirked when I heard him snort both through my headset and across the room.

"I didn't ask for your opinion, Tiffany," he deadpanned, performing the middle-finger emote to her well-dressed character. Platinum blonde waves fell to the digital woman's hips, and her black crop top was perfectly matched with a mini skirt and heeled boots of the same shade.

"No, but you should," Diana said into my ear, and I turned my camera to see that she and Cassidy looked similar to themselves, only the latter was wearing a girlish gown and the former was wearing men's clothes and had a somewhat man-like ponytail with an undercut.

Woody was obviously woody, being big and fiery haired with luminous green eyes and a big red beard. Richard and Kyle were pretty much identical to themselves as well aside from their reversed height: Dick was a giant and Kyle was tiny as hell, almost as small as my own avatar.

Horst was a Satyr, and Jak--to my surprise--chose to be one as well, likely for the kid's sake.

One of the Derkshires was playing, too, although I didn't specifically know who he was since he didn't have a microphone and wasn't using the text chat. Jun, to my knowledge, was the only one who had yet to finish creating a character.

We'd been hanging around Heilheim for a good long while now, waiting for everyone to finally log on, and I knew we'd been drawing copious amounts of player attention since I was sitting on Sebastian's shoulders, surrounded by new level one werewolf characters who were acting friendly, with my hair fully edited. I was now white from pretty much head to toe in-game.

All together, there were twelve of us sitting in the main square.

"So, what are we doing once everyone is signed in?" Horst curiously asked, sitting in one of many, many lazy-looking rest positions. "We all have different starter quests in different parts of the map."

"We could join a party and split into groups of three," I suggested. "Two groups of four and one of five. If we do that, you could all focus on helping each other finish the starter quests and getting to the main story line, where we can all play together and tear through it easily."

"Not a bad idea," Cassidy muttered into the microphone.

A text suddenly popped up in the chat box from a play with the username Big'n_Red'n_Cuddly.

'The graphics are gorgeous. I'm actually a little surprised by how dynamic they are.'

I twisted to look at Woody, who was grinning from ear to ear, green eyes glittering in the light of his computer screen. He was resting against Tiffany, who had twisted to curl up with her head on his shoulder, and upon reading the message she smiled and kissed his bearded cheek.

"True," she agreed when he gave her a flushed-faced and rather pleased glance. "I'm actually excited to start playing this with all of you. I have a good feeling about it."

Right around that moment, someone spawned into the area and I swiveled my camera just in time to see a tall, muscular, and incredibly handsome Asian-looking male character with long black hair stretching down to his knees and glowing grey eyes. The style was pulled up into a high ponytail and held together with a bizarre ornament I had no name for.

"Jun, is that you?" I asked, turning my attention from the ceiling television to glance at the guy sitting on the other end of the artificial cave. "Your character looks like a badass!"