Prologue

A woman with very tan skin colour, raven black hair that flowed carelessly behind, dancing with the breeze as she ran. Her eyes red from all the crying but the wind carried her tears away that continuously fell.

Her inhuman heart was broken in pieces. Betrayal and hurt consumed her heart causing it to ache. She couldn't escape from it. She could hardly breath as she felt the walls closing and caving in on her.

When she finally stopped to catch her breath, she looked around with her blurry eyes, the unfamiliar surroundings.

She had no way else to go. Not that she didn't have a home to go to but she choose not too.

She had a brother who loved and adored her. He had told her, she was welcomed to his home anytime. But deep inside she knew it wouldn't be right if she showed up a month pregnant. She knew her unborn baby was growing at an alarming rate. She will be bringing a lot of worry and trouble for him and his family. And she didn't want that.

She sighed as thought about her baby. She did not know if she should see her baby as a blessing or curse. How was she going raise this baby on her own. She wasn't ready to settle down until she met her former lover and the father of her child. She was so sure he was the one but she was wrong. Since he is gone and she is once again alone. She didn't know what do with herself or if she wanted to keep this baby.

"It just you and me." She said as she sighed caressing her stomach before she sped to nearest city. She didn't have much money with her so she had to settle in an undesirable places, like a motel.

After two months in her living arrangements she noticed that the baby was growing with an unnormal speed. She was only 4 months pregnant but she looked like she been pregnant for 8 months. She looked like she was ready to give birth anytime.

She remembered that her deceased mother had a same experience when she was pregnant with her. As so her brother told her. That she grew at an alarming rate, feeding on her mother's blood and nutrients that she died while giving birth to her. She could feel herself getting weaker every passing day. She was afraid of what would happen to her when the time came for her to give birth.

She also didn't want to be alone in this process. She was scared. For her and her baby.

What if she died? Who look after her baby? Who will tell her brother where she was, so he can take her body away for a proper burial?  She couldn't go to a normal hospital in fear she might reveal her nature and use her and her baby for experiments. She will be exposing her kind to the world.

The Volturi will not be happy to learn that after so many years of protecting the secrets of vampires was a waste. That one half-breed exposed years of hard work in one day.

Who knows what could happen if it ever came to that. It clear war will range. Humans against vampires.

Just the thought of blood that will be shed because of her. The innocent, crying as they will be caught in the middle.

She sighs heavily walking around until she came across her river. She crouched down to take a sip. She than felt compelled to follow it. She got up and allowed her body to take her where she needed to go.

After a while of walking in the woods. She followed the river. She didn't know what compelled her to do so but it felt like a right thing to do at the time.

No matter how tired she felt she couldn't stop. She suddenly halt before gasping as she clutches her abdomen as the sharp pain went through her. She cringed stopping to take a deep breath.

After some time she saw smoke which meant fire. She ran towards it still following the river. The pain didn't stop her. She couldn't she had to get help. She soon spotted a small village there. She looked at it confused as she didn't know what led her here and for what reason.

As she got closer, the smell of the burning wood filled her nose. She saw everyone being busy with they chores. Either farming on doing house work.

She looked at them hoping they were friendly. She clutches to her stomach to provide protection for her unborn baby as they looked at her.

Katherine looked around confused. Whatever spell she was under, compelled her to keep moving. Even though she was tired from all that running and walking and the pain beneath her abdomen that went throughout her body. She didn't even know where she was.

An old woman saw her coming. She had complete white hair on her head, with tan skin. She didn't look that old as she stood tall with rag clothes.

She moved to help her. Her action caused the other villagers to turn towards them and help as well.

Until suddenly she stopped as she felt something wet underneath her,"the baby." She says slowly not even sure if they understood her.

The old woman nodded before ordering the women around them to prepare things for her.

She started to scream as she pushed the baby out. She breaths heavily before giving it her all until another cry filled he room. She gave out a soft giggle between breaths as she cried with joy when she heard her baby's cry.

"It a girl." The woman announced as she held the newborn baby in her arms as the infant cried and screamed her lungs out.

She took her baby in her arms looked at her. So small, so fragile,"she's beautiful." she smiles down as she cooed and cuddled the baby to calm her down.