Prom

River set by her window while she a drank a hot, steamy cup of hot chocolate as she typed on her laptop, occasionally stealing glance from the outside world.

She lifted her head up at the sound of her sisters and brothers cascading down the stairs, laughing. River smiled when she witnessed how stunning her sisters and her brothers were.

"Ready for prom, how many have you had before this one?" River joked as she got up from her comfort seat.

"Haha." Emmett mocked while River laughed.

"It an amazing experience. Which you should be having with us." Rosalie said.

"Maybe next time." River smiled sadly.

"Yeah, we'll have more proms in future, where we can be together. Let's just sit this one out and have a girls' night." Rosalie suggested.

River laughed,"no need for that. Go and have fun, I'll be okay. We can have a girls' night some other time."

"Are you sure?" Rosalie asked worried.

"Yes, now go!" River rushed them out of the door,"go, go. It already late, go." She yelled.

"Call us if you need anything." Rosalie shouted.

"Bye." River waved them off before shutting the door. She let's out the a large sigh as she leaned on the door.

Of course she once wished to go to prom with her sisters and brothers, but back than Edward was still with her. But things have changed. She was no longer in the mood.

"Hey." River snapped her head up to look at the man she once loved and still does.

"Hey." River said.

"I was hoping to talk to you before I left." Edward said.

River looks at him,"some other time, I'm tired. Plus you have prom to get to." River said before pushing herself of the door and walked pass from him.

"River, we haven't gotten a chance to talk. And I want us to talk. I want to explains things to you, you may not understand." Edward desperately said.

"I don't want to understand anything. I don't want to know, okay? And I have nothing to say to you." River said her voice clear that she was broken and hurt.

"River, I know I've hurt you, and I know you hate me but you must know it was never my intention. You brought me back to life, made me once happy and loved. I could never intentionally spat on you after everything you have done for me. I'm sorry." Edward said.

"I don't want your apology, it just makes it worse."

"Than tell what I have to do to fix this, to fix everything?" Edward asked, desperate for an answer.

"Nothing, you can do nothing." River said.

"River please. Tell me how to make this right."

"How? How can you fix this, Edward? Tell how you can possibly fix this?" River said calmly.

"Anything you tell me to do, I'll do it."

"Just give me time. Just give time. Okay? I need time. Can't forgive you, not yet."

"I don't expect you too. But I'll make this right, I promise."

River smiled before standing in front of him,"don't make promises you can't keep." She said fixing his tie.

"I'll keep this one." Edward said with determined voice,"I wish things will go back to how there were. When were both happy. Specially you." Edward suddenly said.