16th Birthday

Today, the same day 16 years ago a baby was born. A gifted and loved baby.

"My gift to you is beauty."

"Bravery."

"Happiness."

"To be loved by all."

"Eternal flame that will keep you alive and thrive for success."

"My gift and wish for you is to have kind and calm soul."

"A light which everyone seeks."

"I wish for you to have endless possibilities."

"Will power of an Amazon."

River woke up from a dreams she had been having for the past 16 years. Every night on her birthday. She never knew what it meant but she knew it was good. She heard different voices of women who wished for something good for her. She took that as a good sign.

It was the Amazon part she didn't quite understand. She learned that there was a forest named the Amazon. The largest forest in world. She thought it meant she was strong like the Amazon forest and can be able to withstand against any threats it came upon.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you." Rosalie and Alice came into the room singing followed by Esme who was carrying a chocolate waffle cake. A tradition they made for her. A 16 number candle on it.

She blushed as her smile grew wider

She blushed as her smile grew wider. River hugged them,"thank you, thank you, thank you." She said.

"Make a wish." Rosalie said.

River looked at them remembering how lucky she was and how she will always cherish the people in front of her and everyone in her life. She wanted this to be forever. She than blew the candles.

"What did you wish for?" Esme asks.

"You ask me the same thing every year. And I still won't tell you." River said before laughing.

"Maybe for Edward to say thee l-word." Alice said.

"No. But if you must know. I wished for this to never end. You guys to always be here. Times like this to never end." River smiled at them.

"Oh honey." Esme said before kissing her forehead,"we will always be here for you." Esme cupped her cheek.

River smiled,"Where are the others?" River asked after taking a big chunk of her chocolate waffle cake.

"Last minute pickup gifts." Alice said.

That gave the girls time to hang out by themselves and get on the sisters and mother bonding. They watched movies, did each others hair, nails, makeup and other things. By the time the boys arrived they had finished.

Edward walked towards River wrapping his arm around her waist and leaned in to kiss her,"happy birthday." He said smiling after he pulled away.

"Presents time." Emmett announced. River set on the love seat with Edward. She looked at the gifts there. Not many gifts were there.

"That one is from both of us." Carlisle said standing next to Esme.

River opened her first box which had a jewellery box with a Cullen Crest jewellery such as a necklace and wristbands,"thank you mom, thank you dad." She got up to hug them.

"This one is from Jasper." Alice announced.

"Vintage combat leather cloves." Jasper explained proudly.

River smiled widely,"you do care. Thank you Jess." She made a more to hug him.

"That won't be necessary." He said stepping back.

"Just shut up and accept my sincerest gratitude." River said,"just this one time." She begged.

Jasper smirked before letting River hug him and Jasper hesitatly hugged her back by wrapping one arm around her.

"Open mine next." Alice said handing over her present to River.

"It kinder small to be yours." River joked.

Alice rolled her eyes, giggled,"open it." She encouraged her.

River ripped the paper away to reveal a book,"a photo album?" She looksed at Alice before looking at the writing on the cover,'endless River' she reads. The first page is her as a baby, another in tub playing with water getting Rosalie wet.

"I remember that day. You really didn't want to take a bath. After I forced you into on to kept squashing the water around trying to get out." Rosalie said laughing.

River and the rest of the Cullens laughed before she flipped another page to a whole memories some she had forgotten. She noticed how hand full she was and how much a trouble she caused.

"Thank you, Alice." River said before hugging her.

Alice giggled,"you're welcome." She said.

She pulled away to look at Edward. Edward chuckled knowing what she wanted,"you will get it later." He said. River smirked as she continued with her small birthday party.

The next box was from Rosalie and Emmett," that one is from me." Emmett claimed.

Rosalie to hit him on his chest lightly, "It from all of." Rosalie said smiling at her.

"Awu. It was my idea. I did put more money than the rest of you." Emmett whispered.

"Emmett." Rosalie warned, elbowing him on stomach.

River giggled as she opened a small box. She bought the key up to her face and looked at it her mouth opened surprised,"you didn't."

"Yeah we did." Emmett said.

"Thank you, thank you." River said hugging Emmett and Rosalie.

"Where is it?" She asked.

"Look outside that window." Emmett said pointing outside.

River inched closer to the window to see a black mustang with blue highlights. Her mouth widened as she jumped out of the window. She hesitantly touched it. She looked at it through the window to saw black leather seats with blue highlights.

(Don't mind it's not from early 2000)

Not wasting another second she got in the car,"smells like a new car in here." She said.

"Take it for a spin." Emmett said smirking.

"The first drive needs to be you and your baby. The first drive create a bond that lasts for a lifetime." Emmett said.

River rolled her eyes at how Emmett was a little over exaggerating before nodding. She fired up the engine and smirked when it growled to life.

"Try not to hit anything." Emmett instructed as he stood by his wife.

River pulled out before taking off. The breezes felt good on her hair.

                                                           •••