Kidnapped

The sun begun to rise on the empty road as a sleek, black Mercedes sedan with dark tinted windows blacks through frame.

Jasper drove, Alice in the passenger seat. River stared quietly outside the window. Bella is in the back, her eyes red from crying as she was talk on her cellphone.

"Mom, it's me again. You must have let your phone did. Anyway, I'm not in Forks anymore but I'm okay. I'll explain when you call."

She hung up, then face back out the window, watching the green, misty Olympic peninsula speed past them.

Jasper, Alice, Bella and River pulled in and checked themselves in the Scottsdale hotel room. The blinds were pulled. Alice and jasper stared blankly at a TV set. Several plates of food crowded a table.

Jasper and Alice waited patiently while Bella was worried. River emotionlessly stared at nothing in front of as if it the most interesting place in the world.

How she hated the city. There were no trees, no green thing in sight. Just busy, nosy streets. She tapped her foot ever so slightly impatient waiting for any news. She closed her eyes and breathed to calm herself. She distracted herself with food that was placed in front of her.

Alice looked up as Bella entered, looking at her cellphone."I wish he'll call."

"You should eat." Alice suggested before looking at River was munching all the food,"before River finishes everything." Alice frowned,"River dint eat it all. Save some for Bella." She said annoyed by River's unmanned eating but also from stress and uncertainty of the future,"I'm sorry." She apologised realising it might came out at little.

River stopped eating almost immediately before getting up,"I'm going to take a shower." She said before leaving.

River closed the door, made sure no one was following her. She opened the shower and the water fell harshly on the white tiles. Steam clouding the room. She looked at the small sized windows. She can fit there. River convinced herself. Carefully sliding the window up and she looked outside. It wasn't that far down since she was on the second floor, she could jump front there. But someone could see her and she would be in big trouble. Carefully planning her strategy.

She looked at the door sighing before stepping out of the window. She walked on her tippy toes on concrete before jumping in a next door balcony. She than hung on rails and jumped to the one below. She jumped one last time and landed on the ground.

She smiling to herself, she than ran. She was tired of sitting around and waiting for any news while she should be out there looking for James.
                                                          •••

"River." Alice knocked on the bathroom door,"you've been there for a while. Is everything okay?" Alice continued to knock,"River." She opened the door and walked to the the shower,"River," She pulled the curtain and found no River. Confused she looked at the opened window,"River!" She screamed through her teeth.

"Alice, what is it?" Jasper asked concerned coming to the bathroom.

"It River. She's gone." Alice said.

"How? You didn't see her in your visions." Bella asked confused.

"I've lived with River for 16 years, she knows all the blind spots of my vision. She's toying with them. Clever girl." Alice said impressed.

"She's also reckless and stupid." Jasper added.

"She's going to get herself killed." Bella said concerned.

"River is strong." Jasper's hopeful voice said.

"We need to tell the others." Alice said before leaving the hotel room.

"You were suppose to protect her." Rosalie said.

"She said she was going to take a shower. When I went in to check on her, she was gone." Alice explained.

"Rosalie it not Alice or Jasper's fault. You know how River is." Carlisle tried to calm the situation,"stubborn like her mother.." he whispered to himself, now remembering the promise he made to her, to keep River safe. It his fault, all of this was he's fault.

"It not your fault. We will find her." Edward placed his hand on Carlisle's shoulder for comfort.

                                                              •••

After a while of walking down the night busy streets, she started to regret her decision. She didn't know the city and she was completely lost. She didn't know where she came from or where she was going but she kept walking.

As if asking for trouble. Passing through a dark alley, no one even dared to walk by it. She hesitantly walked by, constantly looking over her shoulder. She stopped when she saw a shadow running through it. Cursing under her breath, she started running until something hit her head making her lose consciousness.