Forever

River pulled over at Charlie's and entered his house.

"Surprise." Multiple voices said.

River grinned as she entered further into the house which was decorated with balloons and happy birthday bandana. A few people where there, most she didn't know but recognised the waiter from diner and her friend. Some where Charlie's neighbours. She saw Billy, Jacob and Harry with his kids, Sam and Emily were there.

She has grown close to Quileute over the short period of time. They approved her entering the Quileute ground with guidance more like a bodyguard with her for the for while until she can be trusted.

Jacob became River's best friend and than Leah, Seth had a light crush on which she thought was cute.

The reason the Cullens weren't here is because the Quileute hadn't easy up on them just because they eased up on River but River was determined to break the hatred between them. She wanted nothing more than for them to get along.

"Happy birthday Rives." Charlie said hugging her side.

"Thank you Charlie." River said smiling while looking around the room.

So much has changed since she arrived at Forks. She found a new family and friends. Mostly important is she found love.

"So they bought you a car?" Charlie said, a ping of jealousy in his voice.

River smiled,"yeah."

Charlie hummed,"huh."

River laughed at Charlie,"come on, let's cut the cake."

                                                          •••

River pulled in the driveway and made her way inside. She found no one in sight but heard random keys of the piano being pressed. She followed them and found Edward sitting in front of it and pressed random keys.

Edward turned towards her and smiled,"You're home." He announced.

"Just got here. What are you doing?" She asked sliding her hands to the back pockets of her jeans as she leaned on the doorway.

"Nothing." He said.

"Where are the others?" She asked looking around.

"Hunting."

"Shouldn't you be with them?"

Edward shook his head,"I rather be here with you." He smoothly said,"I still have to give you, you're birthday gift."

River smirked, trying hard not to blush and smile like maniac,"where is it?"

Edward chuckled before moving a little to make room for her,"come and sit."

River smiled before pushing herself to walk foward. She set next to him and waited patiently.

His fingers hover over the grand piano's keys, testing and relaxing his fingers before pressing his fingers on the keys and playing the piano.

(River flows in you by Carter Burwell)

River looked at Edward in disbelief,"you wrote that for me?" She asked.

Edward stared at his hands on his lap before turning his head to look at  River,"yeah." He smirked.

River blushed as her smile grew. She looked into his eyes before leaning to capture his lips

He tilted his head to the side, removing her hair from her face as he returned her kiss. When he finally pulled away he looked into her eyes,"I love you." He said.

River searched his eyes before closed hers and she leaned her forehead on his,"I love you too." River finally said.

Edward moved his leg to the other side of the bench. His hands found their way on River's waist and pulled her close to him.

River straddles him as she was being pulled close. Her hands caressed his neck, jaw and cupped his cheeks, occasionally racking her fingers in his hair.

River pulled away breathing heavily, her smile never leaving her lips,"promise me this forever."

Edward looked into her eyes,"I promise." He said before looking down to slide something in River's finger.

River frowned at the cold around her right hand, ring finger before looking down

River frowned at the cold around her right hand, ring finger before looking down. She chuckled,"you're so cheesy you know that?"

"Even if it means showing you how much I care and love you than so be it." Edward said.

River rolled her eyes, a huge smile never losing it way on her lips and flushed face. She leaned in to peck his lips once more.