Baseball Part II

Laurent held up the baseball,"I believe this belongs to you." He tossed the ball to Carlisle.

Carlisle easily caught it and smiled politely,"thank you."
"I'm Laurent." The black skinned guy said,"this is Victoria." He referred to the red haired pale beauty,"and James." He introduced the blonde guy who had his eyes locked with Edward.

"I'm Carlisle, this is my family." Carlisle introduced,"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle informed them.

"Our apologies. We didn't realise the territory had been claimed."

"Yes, we maintain a permanent residence."

The three newcomers exchange a look of surprise.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through." Laurent said.

"Humans were tracking us, but we led them east." Victoria said,"you should be safe."

Carlisle huffed out a smile,"that excellent."

Laurent chuckled,"Could you use three more players?" Laurent asked but saw they were hesitant,"on come on just one game."

"Of course, why not? A few of us were leaving. So you can take their place." Carlisle said,"you'll go first." He threw the ball their way.

Victoria caught it with easy,"I'm the one with the wicked curved ball."

"I think we can handle that." Jasper said confident.

"Oh." They cheered.

Laurent and Victoria walked away but James stayed behind to stare at Edward. As they were going their separate way. A gust of wind blew form Bella to James. James whipped his head around to Bella and he lurched into a crouch, his nostrils flaring, excitedly, eyes locked on Bella,"you brought a snack." James made a move to attack.

River stood in front of them and held out her arm, it released immense wave of energy that blew James away,"stay back." River warned.

Edward and the other Cullens spring in front of Bella, baring their teeth. A snarl ripped from his throat.

James growled back as he got up with his coven beside him.

"The girl is with us." Carlisle said,"I think it best if you leave."

"Yes, I can see the game is over. We'll go now, James."

James' eyes don't leave Edward's but when they finally did his eyes landed on River. His eyes seem to widen at the sight of her but quickly wiped it away.

Laurent puts a hand on James' shoulder, and finally backed into the woods with his cohorts, disappearing.

"Get Bella out of here. We'll follow them." Carlisle ordered. He, Jasper and a resentful Rosalie race off. Edward scooped Bella up and whipped her into the Jeep.

"River go with them."

"But..." River hesitated.

"I'll meet you at home." Carlisle said before kissing his daughter's temple.

River nodded before following Edward and Bella. She slides into the backseat.

"Okay, I got it. I got it, I'm alright." Bella shouted. Edward slammed the door and got in his driver's seat and drove away,"so now he's after me?"

"James is a tracker. I saw his mind. The hunt is his obsession, and my reaction set him of." The tires spun as Edward whipped the Jeep around.

"The first place he'll go is your house. He'll track your scent there."

"What?! Charlie's there. He's in danger because of me, because of us."

"Than we will lead the tracker away from him. Somehow." Edward angrily whipped around a bend, mud flying.

"River." A voice called out to her.

River snapped her head to the direction of the voice. She than realise it was the girl from her dreams.

"River."

"Drop me off here." River suddenly said after a long silent.

"It a middle of no way." Edward said.

"Stop the car."

"River, it not safe." Bella said.

"If you don't stop the car, I'm going to go out the window. So stop the car, now!" River yelled.

Edward stepped on the brakes and River opened the door and ran into the woods.

Edward got out of Jeep,"River!" He shouted after her.

•••

"You again. Did something happen? Am I dreaming?" River said.

"No, you're not dreaming or in a brink of dying but you will. James knows who and what you are." Said the reflection of her.

"What am I exactly?" River asked.

River's own reflection looked at her but does not responding to her question,"that's not something you should be worried about for now. No one can know who you are and what you can do. If they knew you'll be endanger, do you understand?"

"No, I must be going crazy. It one thing to appear in my dreams when I'm near death but it another to appear right in front of me." River said.

"River, there is not much time. Find a way to stop him." She said as she started to disappear.

"Wait, tell me what I am?" River desperately asked.

"Things are going to get worse before there get better. But I promise you things will get better. Be safe, River." Thalia softly said with a small smile before she disappeared.

•••