Saved

After school the Cullens stood by their cars, talking. Bella stood across the packing lot next to her red old truck. She plugged in earphones and read a book.

She turned to a scratching tires of the car. Too shock to move. Bella did nothing but stare in fear. Just a second later a flash went by her, an arm around her and a car being pushed away from her. Out of breath she looked at the person in front of her.

Edward stared at Bella as she stated back at him. The noise died down from the back ground. Quickly Edward let go and rushing off the scene before anyone saw.

"Bella are you okay?" People kept asking her that question but she dosed off still in shocked

"Bella are you okay?" People kept asking her that question but she dosed off still in shocked. She wasn't just shocked from accident but about how Edward got there so fast and how he pushed the van away. She looked around still not answering any questions. She caught the Cullens, not happy at all.

When Bella arrived she set on the hospital bed and waited for the doctor.

River entered in a blue uniform that said River Cullen on the pin,"hey I'm River Cullen. You must be Isabella Swan."

"Just Bella." Bella scrunched her smile.

River smiled back,"let check your blood pressure."

"You work here." Bella asked.

"Yes and no. I'm homeschooled and my dad works here. He's my teacher. This is part of my school work." River explained as she checked Bella's blood pressure.

"Bella?" He sighed in relief,"You're okay?" Charlie asked worried as he walked into the room with his sheriff uniform,"you and I are going to talk." He said looking at Tyler,"are you alright?"

"I'm fine dad."

"I swear, Bella. I tried to stop it." Tyler kept apologising.

"I know, it okay." Bella brushed it off.

"It sure as hell not okay." Charlie said.

"Dad it wasn't he's fault."

"You could been killed, you understand that?"

"Yes, but I wasn't, so..."

"You can kiss your licence goodbye." Charlie threatened.

"I heard the chief's daughter was in."Dr Cullen said walking into the room,"Charlie." He acknowledged him with a pat on the back.

River handed him Bella's papers,"thank you River, there is a patient next door. Check him for me." He said as he checked Bella's papers. River just nodded before she left,"Isabella."

"Bella." Bella corrected.

"Bella, well you took quite a spill. How are you feeling?" Carlisle asked.

"Good."

"Look here." Carlisle raised his finger to Bella's face and flashed a small flashlight,"you might experience post-traumatic stress disorder, vitals are good. No signs of head trauma. I think you'll be just fine."

"I'm so sorry Bella. I really...." Tyler started again.

Charlie slide the curtain blocking his view from them.

"It would have been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there. He knocked me out of the way."

"Edward your boy?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, he was amazing. He got to me so fast. He was no way near me."

"It sounds like you were really lucky." Carlisle said trying to hide his shock and disappointment behind a smile,"Charlie?"

"I'm going to sign some papers." Charlie says,"you should probably call your mom. She worried." Charlie says walking out.

Bella followed,"you tell her." She frowned,"she's probably freaking out." She sighed before taking out her phone.

"What was I suppose to do let her die?"

"This is not just about you, it about all of us, it about River."

"Don't you think I know that."

"I think we should discuss this someway else." Carlisle said looking at Bella.

Edward and Rosalie turned towards Bella,"can I talk to you for a minute?" Bella asked.

"Rosalie." Carlisle said pulling her with him but Rosalie hesitated as she looked at Edward, waiting for his next move.

Rosalie walked out the hospital before running her hand on her face into her hair in frustration. She hid her eyes with her hands trying to calm herself down.

"Rose, babe are you okay?" Emmett asked walking up to his wife.

She crossed her arms and walked up into the sky,"he's going to hurt her."

"That's not true. Edward loves River." Emmett tried to reason with her.

"Sometimes love isn't enough." Rosalie looked into Emmett's eyes before sighing.

Emmett knew better. He believes Edward does love River. He knew Edward would never hurt River intentionally but he also one way or the other someone was going to get hurt. He had a strong feeling it was going to be River.