Pythonissam

River took a sharp, deep breath when she finally wakes up. It took a minute for her eyes to adjust before she looks around in a dark room with mirrors. Her head pounding. She reached out her hand to touch the tender part of head and cringes. She bought her hand to meet her face and saw blood.

"Looks delicious, doesn't it?" A voice in the shadows said.

"What do you want?" River shouted.

"Isn't obvious. I want you River." His voice seductive.

River shivered when he came close to her. She backed away into a wall,"what do you want from me?" She asked him.

James came closer to her. He buried head deep into her head breathing in her scent of her blood,"you smell terrific." He complimented as he rolled his eyes to the back of his eye in pleasure.

River tried to back away from James. She whimpered and hissed when James grabbed her shoulders harshly.

He pulled her up and cupped her neck tilted her head to the side so he  can get a better view of her neck. He buried his head in the crook of her neck and sniffed,"you know years ago, your kind disguised their scent so us vampire wouldn't attack them. You know why?"

River glared at him hiding the fact she was confused and she wanted to know more about his story and theories. She watched intensively paying attention him, as he paced around the room. She listened carefully to every detail.

"I've always been intrigued by our vampire history. Almost my entire existence I had been learning, studying almost every mythical creatures. If vampires exist, what else exist out there we don't know about. And I will track them." James suddenly stopped and looked at River,"I've never crossed anything like you before. And it got me wondering what are you."

Even he doesn't know what she is.

He walked up to her and ran his fingers on the side of her cheek,"enhance beauty, strong and fast but not like a vampire, skin warm, human eyes but a lot dark colour I've ever seen. Tell me what you are?"

"Let go of me." River moved her head away in disgust causing James' hand dropped from her face.

"You don't know either." James said.

"I know who I am and what I am."

"You're not entirely a vampire, nor a wolf shape shifter. You're something more." James looked into her eyes as if he would find the answer in them,"the only thing I can think about is a..." He paused building up unnecessary suspension,"a witch."

River unable to contain herself, laughed in his face,"you seriously believe witches exist?" She laughed.

"If a vampire and werewolves can exist. What's stopping witches. It is believed witches created vampires and werewolves." James said.

River stayed quiet thinking about it. He was right. What can stop witches from existing if mythical creatures like vampires and werewolves lived among the rest of the world. But she had never heard of any witches and she was sure her family didn't either. She was sure she wasn't a witch.

"I'm really curious of how a witch tastes like." James suddenly said, grinning at River's shock expression,"don't worry, I won't kill you. I have big plans for you far more than just being a meal."

He stared down at her body seductively. James brushed her hair away and gripped the back of her hair, tilted her head to the side. He presses his cold lips on her warm neck. He smirks when he can feel the blood bumping through her veins, her pulse banging through his ears in fast pace.

River panicked as she tried to scream but she couldn't move. She was shaking from the contact, from his cold air on her neck. She did the only thing she can think of in that situation. She bottled up the energy to the centre of her body and released it, all around her body. Her eyes glowed white and pushes him away from her to the wall far opposite to her. She drops to the ground, gasping for air.

He groaned before vampire speeding in front of her and slapped her across her face ripping her bottom lip and bruising her cheek instantly as she lands on the floor. He knees in front her, grabbing her chin and lifting her head to face him,"you see what you've made me do to that pretty face of yours."

River tried to crawl away but James grabbed her leg pulling her close to him. River thrashed trying to hit him so he can let her go,"let go of me." James pinned her arms on the floor.

"I told you, I had plans for you. It be best if you didn't fight me." River calmed down so he will loosen his grip. When he did, River placed her hand on his chest and pushed him up into the roof. She saw a opportunity to escape and she ran towards the door.

When James landed down on the ground and he growled as he ran after her. He grabbed her and threw her across the room into one of the mirror breaking it into tiny pieces that dug in through her skin.

"Ah." River hissed and groaned at the pain.

He grabbed River and bought her to her feet,"you're not healing as quickly as I thought you would." He said frowning at that fact,"I'm going to enjoy experimenting on you."

River groaned as she tried to crawl away from him. With each time she dragged herself on the ground the more the broken glass on dag through into her skin, leaving a trail of blood behind her.

James picked her up and slammed her into another mirror. River screamed from the pain, her hair covered her face as she leaned tiredly forward.

Once more James wrapped his arm around River's waist, securing her before he cupped her faced in his huge hand tilted her neck to the side for a better viewingof her neck. He sent shivered down River's spin as he kisses her temple, down to her cheek, to her jaw and down to her neck and licked the bulging veins,"you're beautiful, you know that?" His seductive voice whispered into her ear.

She gasped when he's fangs bite through her flash and started to drunk her blood. She struggled to fight him off but he was too strong for her. He sucked her blood for a while until River's body became limped, almost lifeless in his arms,"please stop." She whispered.

He gripped her body tighter, trying to suck every ounce of her blood. When he finally pulled away,"I must have got carried away." He wiped her mouth." Oh well. I finish you later. Your sister is here." He says before leaving the half dead River.

She watched him walk away through her blurry, teary eyes. She tried to drag herself to the door but failed miserably. She gripped her neck, putting pressure on it to stop the bleeding. She growled frustratedly but gave up. She flipped herself on her back and stared at the ceiling. She listened to her own heartbeat as it started to slow down.

She tear fell when she looked to the side where a broken mirror stood with a drops of blood,"where are you? This is a really good time to appear. I don't think it my time yet." She whispered.

The next thing she heard was someone calling her name,"River." She recognised as Emmett's loud voice.

"River." Alice voice followed full with concern and worry filled the room,"Carlisle."

Carlisle quick to her aid,"River, sweetheart stay with me stay with us." He said,"we need to get her to the hospital."

"I don't think she's going to make it." Emmett said.

"She's not human. What if someone notice?" Jasper raised his concern.

"I'll be the only one who attends her." Carlisle said.

River's eyes never moved away from the mirror. She almost appeared lifeless,"where are you? Is this it?" She whispered just under her breath.

"River who are you talking to?" Emmett asked looking to the direction River was staring.

"Why keep me alive for so long only to let me die like this?" River asked.

"We're losing her." Emmett said in a panicking.

"I'll take her. I'm faster. Emmett you should take the car and drive Bella to the hospital." Edward's unclear voice said in River's ears. She felt hands around her lifting her up into they embrace close to they body. She found comfort in that person's arms. River slightly opened her eyes to see a flash of bronze hair. She once more closed her eyes and leaned her head on his shoulder burying her head into the crook of his neck smelling a familiar scent of musk and pine trees.

A voice whispered into her ear,"pythonissam."