Notice

Edward, Emmett and Alice rushed Bella from the truck to the house...but froze when the door opened and Laurent exited. They immediately took defensive positions but Carlisle appeared.

"He came to warn us. About James." Carlisle said before they can attack each other.

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years... And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her." Laurent looked at everyone apologetic,"I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here." He said before leaving, disappearing into the woods.

The side door bursted open as Edward and the cullens entered, followed by Bella. The lights flip on to reveal a pristine garage; the Volvo, the red BMW, a black Mercedes sedan, an SUV.

Everyone but Rosalie springed into action, opening cupboards for supplies; cellphones, extra batteries, maps, portable GPS units, changes of clothes, cans of gasoline, etc and they load up the vehicles.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill." Jasper said.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up." Edward said.

"Well rip him apart with our hands, then burn the pieces." Emmett said.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle said.

"If he doesn't kill one of us first." Rosalie said not at all pleased.

Bella was horrified,"this is insane. You can't put yourself in danger like this for me."

"Too late." Rosalie said.

Edward shot Rosalie a look, but grabbed two sets of keys off a hook throwing them to Carlisle,"I'll run Bella south, while you lead the tracker away." Edward said.

"No, Edward the tracker knows you won't leave bella. He'll follow you." Carlisle said.

"I'll go with Bella. Jasper and I will drive her south." Alice said before facing Edward,"I'll keep her safe, Edward." She assured him.

Edward agonised in frustration," can you at least keep your thoughts to yourself?"he said to Alice. He then opened one of Bella's suitcases, pulled out clothes, tossed them to,"Esme, Rosalie, put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent."

Rosalie dropped the clothes on the ground,"why should I? What is she to me? Just a danger you've inflicted on us." She said angrily.

Carlisle spun towards her,"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward. She's a part of his family now. And we protect our family." Carlisle looked around, speaking family and finally realised River wasn't with them,"where is River?" He asked worried and shocked that he hasn't noticed all this time.

"Here." River said breathlessly as she crouched, her hands on her knees tiredly,"I'm glad so many of you noticed I was gone." She said sarcastically hiding the fact she was angry at them for not noticing she has been missing. She could have been kidnapped or worse killed, even then they wouldn't notice.

"River it not like that?" Rosalie said ashamed as the rest of them.

"It doesn't matter now." River said through her teeth.

"Did you run all the way here?" Bella asked stunned.

"River, the woods are not safe." Esme said.

"I'm here aint I?" River slightly yelled,"have you found James?" River asked.

"No." Carlisle answered.

"What about Charlie? Is he safe?"

"He's safe." Bella said with a painful expression.