New Home

A teenage River ran through the forest, breathless but she pushed herself to ran faster and further way with her bare feet and rag lavender dress. After a while she stopped to catch her breath. She had endurance but not of a vampire. She bent down and closed her eyes. She knew she had to keep going but she can't.

"River." A voice called behind her.

River's eye widen as she looked back to see a figure behind her,"I need your help." She whispered looking up around the green forest's trees.

Winter has passed and you can feel and smell the fresh air of a new beginning spring. Everything was alive, from flourishing colourful flowers, to tiny insects crawling on the forest floor, gathering food for winter. Everything was brighter.

A vine wrapped it's self around River's arm before pulling up into the branches of the trees, the leaves wrapped around her, covering up.

"River, this isn't funny anymore." Edward yelled looking around.

River giggled quietly backing away slightly as Edward looked up smirking. River having had enough, as she jumped from her tree and landing gracefully on to the ground in front of Edward.

"They already left for Forks a while ago and they'll start worrying if we don't follow them soon." Edward said.

"Sorry I just had to say goodbye." River said looking around the forest.

"There are many trees where we going." Edward said.

"But not the same. Each one is different." River turned towards a tree placing her hand on it,"these are the trees I grew up around. They're more than just trees to me. Each one has a story, a past, a present and the future." River explained,"and this one is the one we planted when I destroyed one and couldn't repair it." River said touching it,"give me your hand." She said offering her hand to Edward.

Edward raises a eyebrow, smirking before taking it,"what are you doing?"

River smiled before placing her hand on the tree.

All the memories they have shared around this tree flashed before their eyes.

"Whoa!" Edward said stunned after the series of flashback of memories with River around this very spot.

"All our memories are recorded on these trees." River explained,"you want carve our names on this one?"

"Sure, why not!?" Edward said smiling as he took a stone to carve their name.

"What are you doing? You're going to hurt it." River said,"just place you're hand on it."

Edward's right side lifted in smirk as he rolled his eyes before placing his hand on it,"now what?" He asked tiredly. Edward watched her as she placed her hand on his. Her eyes started from her usual blue to green.

Edward couldn't and wouldn't take his eyes of her. She has grown so much over the years. She was no longer that tiny, helpless baby she was when she first arrived. She was now a strong, independent young woman.

When she reached her teen years, she stopped growing. She was now growing at a normal human rate. The Cullen family was afraid of what that could mean but it just made her more normal and human.

Edward couldn't help but admire her in everyway. She sees and finds good in everyone and everything. She finds a way to be happy in every situation. She was strong and beautiful. Her beauty was captivating. Her eyes and smile was his favourite thing about her.

"There." She smiled as she removed her hand.

Edward finally removed his gaze from River to his hand and removed it slowly.

              E & R
              Cullen

"I'm going to miss everyone and everything here?" She said.

"We'll come back. We always do." Edward said placing his hand around her shoulders,"but I'm sure you will love Forks just as much."

"Maybe." River said wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Come on let go."

                                                             •••

River set on her swing chair outside her balcony. She swang herself as she read a book. She sighed, annoyed when she heard a voice calling her. Just wanted to read a book alone.

"River, River." A voice called but River didn't respond,"RIVER."

River snapped her head to who was calling her. Alice. River quickly closed her book. She jumped from the tree and landed gracefully without a sound on the wet soil beneath her exposed feet. She felt more connected to the earth if she didn't wear shoes.

Her family hated it. Alice was afraid I about her getting blisters and scaring on her feet. Esme thought she was going to catch terrible cold. She did but she got over it as soon as she caught it.

She looked back to her window to see Alice looking at her with an annoyed, death stare. River stared back and smirked before running into the forest leaving Alice shouting her name.

She looked around and exploring the environment around her. when she felt something running up her leg. She saw flowers strings swirling up her leg. She smiled at the positive, loving welcome.

"Hello." A voice said from behind her.