Healer

River has been running through the forest once more. It was slightly snowing and it was freezing. A sign that Christmas and winter season was approaching.

"I'm starting to regret not wearing shoes and warmer clothes," she whispered to herself shivering.

She then heard a howling and trees wrestling than a snap followed by a wolf howling in agonising pain. Curious, she followed the howling and see what was going on.

A huge, human size, black fur wolf howled as if it was in pain. She stepped closer and it growled got louder,"hey, easy." She said raising her hands high and looked into his eyes as she took another step,"I just want to help." It continued to growl as River kneed in front of it. He had one of foot caught in one of the hunter's bear trap.

 He had one of foot caught in one of the hunter's bear trap

River frowned at the trap,"okay." she tried to remain calm at the sight of blood,"this is going to hurt."

She grabbed the metal and tried to pull it apart. When she pulled it further apart to free the leg, it slipped and it snapped back into leg's flash. It growled again in pain,"I'm sorry." River looked around trying to figure out what to do next. She bite her lower lip before looking at wolf,"okay, okay." She repeated to herself before placing her hands on top on the leg and the other hand on metal,"when I tell you to pull, you pull." She instructed.

Her eyes started to glow and hands without touching the metal began to separate. After awhile it was wide enough,"pull." She yelled and the black wolf pulled it out. She let's go and it snaps back into place,"are you okay?" She asked looking at wolf,"it still bleeding. I can heal it for you."

The black did nothing but look and study her. He was still amazed at what just happened. River nodded before placing her hand above it. Her eyes started to glow again and a transparent wave went from River to the leg. It hissed and grunted.

After a while she pulled back and closed her eyes,"there." She opened her eyes to her normal shade of blue.

Suddenly she felt fur brushing through her neck and face. She giggled,"you welcome." It pulled back to look into her eyes and so did she. It stepped back before turning away and disappearing behind the trees.

"How did you do that?" He asked when he emerged shirtless with shorts.

"I don't know." River said getting up and dusting herself.

"Come with me." He said as he walked away.

River frowned,"I thought I wasn't suppose to cross..."

"Are you coming?" He turned back.

"You know, we are not all that bad." River said after a while.

"Vampires? That still doesn't change what you have to do to survive." He says.

"Even though they feed on animals?" She asked.

Sam doesn't respond to the question,"They can live in Forks as long as no one gets hurt and they don't cross over to our lands."

"Does that rule apply to me as well?" She asked with a little sass in her voice.

"You're walking on our land ain't you?"

"Does that mean I can come here. When ever I like?"

"No. You're still one of them."

"Even though I might actually be related to a Quileute." River said.

Sam stopped in his tracks and turns to River,"we don't know that for sure."

"Than where are you taking me."

"To the council."

"I just want to see Jacob." River said,"not trouble."

After a while of walking they came to a stop where a small house stood.

A tan woman with a fringe and black hair, brown eyes and scars on her face came out and hugged Sam,"the boys told me what happened." She said worried.

"I'm fine Emily this is...ah" He said trying to remember River's name.

"River." River extended her hand.

Emily looked at her before attacking her with a hug,"thank you." She said pulling away,"I don't know how you did it but I'm glad you did."

"No problem." River smiling at her.

"Are you hungry? You must be freezing." Emily said grabbing her hand and pulling her into the house. She gave her a rug blanket and threw it over her shoulders before heading to the kitchen.

River followed her and set around the island,"what happened?" River mentioned to the scars on her face.

Emily looked outside where Sam stood,"he didn't mean to. He got mad and I tried to calm him but he shifted and I was too close. It wasn't his fault." She said simply.

River nodded,"may I?" She said cupping her face,"there is not much I can do but I can try." Emily nodded. River's eyes once more glowed. After a while she pulled back and frowned slightly.

"How do I look?" Emily asked nervously.

"Beautiful." River answered with a smile,"the scars are still there but less noticeable."

"Thank you." She said blushing.

River smiled at her,"you welcome."

"Tea?" Emily offered.

"Yes thank you."

"So what's your story?"Emily asks.

"What story?"

"About your magic healing powers?" She asked curiously.

"I was born with them, there's nothing more to it." River said.

Sam walked in but stops stunned as he staring at the appearance of his girlfriend's face. He cupped her cheeks and Emily leaned into his hands as she smiled. He turned to River,"thank you." He said with grateful smile.

River smiled back,"you welcome." She said reminding her of Edward.