Hurt

Weeks passed, secrets where still being kept. Tension in the house grew day by day ever since the accident that almost took Bella's life but was saved by Edward.

River couldn't understand why they were so angry, Edward saved her sister's life, it was risky but no one saw. River couldn't do anything about it even though she hated it. River seat in this thick tension in the house. It was thick enough to cut through. It was extremely heavy and uncomfortable.

Edward has been checked out a lot lately, it almost like he was avoiding her. He has been cold and distant. His eyes didn't light up the way their use to before. It was almost like he was in pain. He's changed. River noticed.

River became scared, worried and angry. Everything was so intense and gloomy it was suffocating her. She didn't know what was happening or what to do. Why were they keeping her in he dark like a child. Why did it seem like her family was falling apart.

She huffed frustrated and exhausted from the heavy tension. She needed to get out of there, she needed to breath before she finally broke down and screamed.

She jumped from the second floor balcony to the wet ground floor of moist soil before running through the forest. It started to rain and of course she didn't think to bring her coat or shoes but she like the cold, fresh breeze that carried the rain against her skin and wet soil beneath her feet and between her toes.

She stopped when she heard voices nearby her. Not wanting to alert them she was here, especially if they were vampires looking for their next next meal. She hid and watched them from afar. She decided to walkaway slowly before they noticed her but stopped when she recognised one of the voices belonged to Edward.

She took a closer look and saw Edward and Bella talking. She frowned as she kept asking herself why were they there during school hours. She decided to stay hidden to figure out what they were talking about. She couldn't make out what they were saying but she caught a few words.

"This is why we don't show ourselves to the sun." Edward unbuttoned his shirt,"people will know we're different." He turned to Bella,"this is what I am."

River frowned confused but before she can react Edward had already removed his shirt and his skin sparkled against the sunrays.

"It like diamonds." Bella said admiring,"you're beautiful."

Edward chuckled humourlessly,"beautiful? This is the skin of killer, Bella." He said buttoning his shirt before walking away,"I'm a killer."

"I don't believe that." Bella followed stumbling as she struggled with every step.

"Cause you believe a lie." Edward kept walking away,"a camouflage. I'm the world's most dangerous predator. Everything about me invite you in, my voice, my face even my smell. As if I would need anything like that." He disappeared and reappeared,"as if you can out run me. As if you can fight me off. I'm designed to kill."

"I don't care."

"I've killed people before."

"It doesn't matter."

"I wanted to kill you. I never wanted humans blood so much in my life."

"I trust you."