Young Love

"how are things going between you and Charlie?" Edward asked as he continued to walk behind River pushing her to walk further and faster.

River breathed heavily as she stopped to look at Edward,"good. Pretty good. He's a good guy." River breathed out.

Edward smirked,"when are you going to see him again?"

River placed her hands on her hips and leaned over,"I don't know soon though." she breathed out the words,"can we stop?" She asked.

"No, we almost there. When we get there we can rest." Edward said pushing her.

"Carry me."

"No I'm always carrying you." Edward said,"race you there."

"Edward no." River said but she was too late as she looked around and saw Edward has disappeared. She groaned before walking again.

"I'm glad you finally made it." Edward said smirking.

"I'm going to kill you." River threatened as she tried to catch her breath.

Edward chuckled but soon died down as he looked everywhere but River,"you know I've been coming here everyday since..." He hesitated, gathering up the courage to finally look at River,"you know since we kissed. And I can't seem to stop thinking about it."

River finally caught her breath and walked to stand in front of Edward,"I know I haven't been available and we had gotten a chance to talk about it. I'm sorry."

Edward smiled down at River,"it okay, it actually given me time to think about it and how I'm going to approach and confess everything." He let's out a nervous chuckle.

River smiled at his nervousness and embarrassment. It was rare to see him like this and it overwhelmed her heart knowing it was her who made him feel this way.

"Is it weird for you. You grew up knowing I was your brother. After almost 16 years knowing that, it doesn't bother you after that kiss." Edward asked.

River doesn't say anything as she thinks,"no I always known we weren't related by blood but we were, we are family and we stick together. I remember you always being there for me. I remember always running to you for everything. I remember that I always felt safer with you. I remember blushing everytime you told me I was beautiful and how amazing and extraordinary I was." River giggled as she looked down blushing shyly.

Edward chuckled before placing his hand on her neck and his thumb on her cheek,"you are." He lifted her head to look at her red face. It felt good that he had that effect on her. His smile grew more.

•••

"That one looks like a..." River said.

"A cloud." Edward chuckled as he finished.

"Okay the sun is not all out." River said laughing as she and Edward cloud gazed. She turned to Edward and rested her head on her arm and watched Edward.

"You're staring." Edward said who laid flat on the grass and his eyes closed.

"I'm not."

Edward chuckled amused,"than what are you doing?" He asked turning towards her to face her.

"Studying." River said.

"What?" Edward asked smirking.

"You." River said looking into his eyes. She leaned in and connected her lips on his. She moved away before Edward can react. River chuckled when she heard Edward groan.

Edward pulled her back and pressed his lips on hers. Edward lifted himself and leaned over River, his hand supporting himself.

River laid on the grass and kissed Edward passionately. She gripped on the back of his hair pulling him to her and running her other fingers on his exposed arm that was supporting himself.

Edward pulled away to look at River's flushed face and smiled. He quickly pulled away smiling before leaning one more time to peck her lips. He leaned back to lay on his back and look at the sky,"that one looks like a heart." Edward pointed out.

River smiled before staring at Edward as his skin sparkled against the sun's ray. She smiled before looking to the sky.

 She smiled before looking to the sky

•••