She's Coming Back

River walked into Jacob's garage and noticed he was working on Billy's old truck again. He was under the car doing some last minute fixes on the engine. River picked from above through the engine. When she saw his concentrated face though the the ring she said,"hey." Her voice rang.

Her voice was so sudden and unexpected to him that he quickly got up and hit his head against the engine.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." River apologised as she helped him pull himself out.

"Awu." Jacob hissed and winced but was quickly replaced with an unsettled chuckle as he rubbed his head. He laughed when he saw River's concerned and worried look.

River punched his shoulder slight,"why are you laughing?" She said trying to hold her own laughter.

Jacob's laughter soon died down,"you should have seem your face." He said.

River shook her head and glared at him in disapproval,"what are you working on?" She asked.

"Bella's welcome home gift. Charlie just bought it off my dad. Now I'm just fixing it up for him." Jacob said getting up.

"Need any help?" River asked looking at the truck.

"Nah, I'm already done. Plus I don't trust you know anything about cars." Jacob said.

"Whatever." River rolled her eyes.

"Bella will arrive later this evening. Me and my dad are heading there later to the deliver truck. Do you want come?" Jacob asked.

River stopped suddenly,"I will love to."

"But.." Jacob said stopping to face her.

" I just want to give Charlie a chance to tell her about me." River explained.

"She still doesn't know?" Jacob asked shocked and surprised.

"Yeah. Charlie wanted to tell her face to face." River said nervously before sitting down.

Jacob set next to her,"you're nervous?" He stated.

"A little. I don't know if she would like me." River talked fast.

Jacob chuckled before grabbing her hand to calm her down,"relax Bella is not like that. She's pretty nice and cool."

"Really?" River asked unsure.

"Really." Jacob squeezed her hand reassuring her,"you have nothing to worry about."

She smiled before resting her head on his shoulder,"thanks Jacob."

"No problem." he said smiling,"oh, I almost forgot." He said looking for something.

"What?" River asked.

"This." Jacob handed her a box wrapped neatly,"your late birthday gift."

"How long did it take you to wrap this?" She mocked while looking at him from the corner of her eye.

Jacob blushed,"shut up and open it." He chuckled.

River laughed before opening the box to find a black leather bracelet with beads, a dreamcatcher and wolf.

"Dad told me how you were related to the Quileute tribe. And I thought this would be a great gift." Jacob said.

"Distant." River clarified.

Jacob rolled his eyes,"the wolf is symbol of power, courage and intelligence

Jacob rolled his eyes,"the wolf is symbol of power, courage and intelligence. It associated with the moon and hunting. The wolf in the emblem of warriors."

                                                           •••

"That a nice bracelet." Edward said eyeing the bracelet.

River smiled when she picked up a bit of jealousy in his voice. She found it cute and amusing,"thanks, Jacob made it for me." She said.

"I don't think it a good idea to be hanging around him or them." Edward said.

"I've been fine so far."

"What if one of them shifts and you get hurt. They are dangerous and predictable creatures."

River looked at him weirdly,"I can take care of myself. Trust me."

"I trust you, it them I don't trust." Edward said. The doorbell rang, knowing who it is was,"I will get it." Edward said before heading to the door. He opened it to reveal Charlie.

"Hi, is River here?" He asked.

River came up to them. Edward's hand fell on her waist," yeah, what up?" She asked.

Charlie looked Edward's arm around him before speaking,"I'm going to fetch Bella from the airport. I was wondering if you would like to come with me." Charlie said nervously.

"I don't think that a good idea. I think you should let Bella settle in. Than tell her about me before you can introduce us." River suggested.

"Yeah your right." He said.

"Yeah." River nodded noticing his tense, nervous stance.

"Bye River, bye...." he said to Edward.

"Edward." Edward said. It was the first time they met.

Charlie shook his cold hand,"are you both here alone?" He asked.

"Yeah Esme had to make a few runs." Edward answered.

Charlie nodded,"okay." Not wanting to be noisy.

"Bye Charlie." River said before he walked away and she closed the door.

"He doesn't like me." Edward said.

"Can you blame him. We are teenagers home alone, with no parents." River sarcastically said .

"Maybe I should formal introduce myself." Edward said.

River nodded in agreement,"yeah." She kissed his cheek before heading back to the kitchen.