you come home from tour (requested)

Calum anxiously stood in the airport. He's been counting down the days till he'd be standing here, waiting for your plane to land so you could be back in his arms.

He knows how much fun you've been having on tour. You've told him all about it and since he's toured so often himself, he knows how exciting it all is. He was so very proud of you, so proud words couldn't even describe it, but he's just excited for you to finally be coming home.

His phone chimed in his hand and his smile was wide when he saw the text from you that said your plane had just landed.

He bounced on his feet. He looked all around the crowded airport for you and it felt like time stopped when his eyes finally landed on you.

There you stood just a few feet away from him.

You both stood frozen for a moment, just staring at each other in awe until it sank in that you were finally there.

You wheeled your suitcase behind you and ran over to him. You dropped it on the ground and leaped right into your boyfriend's arms with a cheerful laugh. Your arms looped around his neck, face buried into his neck where you beamed against his warm and soft skin.

He put his hands around your back, hugging you as close as he could as your legs wrapped around his waist.

"I've missed you so much!" He whispered into your ear and planted a bunch of kisses to the side of your head until you pulled your face away from his neck and pressed your lips against his. It'd been too long since you were last able to kiss him. You missed the feeling of his lips on yours and the way his kisses always made you feel; how they always made your heart beat just a little faster in your chest.

And you could feel his beating right in sync with yours when your chest was pressed against his.

"I've missed you too, Cal." You sniffled as he set you on your feet. He grabbed your suitcase and then took your hand, leading you out of the airport. You both ignored the flashing lights from the paparazzi and went straight to the car.

He started the engine but before he could pull out of the parking lot you took his hand from the steering wheel and brought it up to your lips. You stared up at your boyfriend as you littered his knuckles with kisses and watched as his happy eyes stared into yours.

"God, I really missed you."

He felt his heart beat wildly in his chest. He missed the way you made him feel, the feeling of your fingers intertwined with his own, the smile that he could never wipe off his face when you were near.

You were so exhausted from touring night after night for four months straight that you fell asleep on the ride home. Calum dragged it out a little, taking a longer way home to let you sleep a little longer, knowing when you got home you'd wanna do anything but sleep.

But just a little while later you were in the driveway of the house you shared that hasn't really felt like home to Calum since you left.

He took out his keys and went to your side. He caressed your cheek till you opened your eyes. "Hey, beautiful. We're home." You looped your arms around his neck and giggled as he threw you over his shoulder and carried you inside.

He put you on your feet and right away Duke was by your feet. He wagged his tail and barked excitedly as you bent down to pet him. Calum put your suitcase down on the floor, silently staring over at you and Duke, heart melting at the sweet sight.

You stood back up and walked to where Calum stood. "So. You're finally home now. How are you feeling? Are you hungry? Do you wanna go back to sleep?" He rambled, asking you a bunch of questions.

You felt yourself fall even more in love with him as he continued to ask you questions, each one proving just how much he cared about you.

"No, baby. I've been away from you for four months. I wanna be with you." You said as you intertwined your hands behind his neck and kissed him passionately.

He grinned cheekily against your lips. You slowly pulled away from the kiss and saw his brown eyes sparkling, feeling his hand snake up the back of your shirt and his fingertips run along your spine. You shuddered as he leaned in, breath fanning over your lips as he stared down at you with a loving gaze that he only holds for you.

"Whatever you want, princess." He said as he hooked his fingers under your chin and pulled you in for another electrifying kiss.

It really was so good to be home again.