the first time he sees your scars (requested)

You tangled your fingers in his hair as his lips moved lovingly against yours. He makes you feel like no one else ever has before; you could feel just how much he loved you with every beat of his heart against your own.

You let yourself get lost in his kiss. The movie he had turned on for you both just a little bit ago was completely forgotten about, and you didn't care one bit. He made your head spin and your heart race. The taste of his lips seemed to be the only thing on your mind.

You once felt like you were the only two people that existed in your own little universe. But that quickly changed when you felt his fingers brush along your thigh. Your eyes suddenly flew open, the soft sighs that previously fell from your lips was replaced with anxious gasps as you broke away from the kiss. "No, Cal, stop."

You tried to push his hand away before his fingertips would brush along your scars, but it was late. He pulled away, glancing down at your thighs then back up at you. The look in your eyes almost made his heart shatter right then and there.

He could still feel the scars beneath his fingers. You climbed off his lap and moved across the couch. You looked away from him; at the wall, at the floor, at the tv that had gone black... anywhere but at his gaze. You could feel it though. You could feel his eyes on you before you felt the touch of his hand on your thigh again.

You pushed his hand away, so he took ahold of your hand instead. It was silent for a moment until it became too overwhelming for him. The questions weighed heavily on his mind, worried thoughts racing in his brain.

"Are you okay?"

It was the only thing he could seem to ask. It took you by surprise. His question made you turn your head to him. You locked eyes and somehow, the look that his beautiful brown ones held only made you feel a little at ease.

He sighed sadly before letting your hand go so he could cup your cheek instead. "I'm here for you. If you wanna talk to me about it, I'll listen. Always."

You didn't say a word, you just wrapped your arms around him and hugged him close. He kissed your shoulder and brushed his hand along your back. You weren't really sure what to say, but he did. He always seems to know what to say when you need to hear it the most.

"I'm sorry you were hurting. I can't even imagine how terrible and difficult things must've been for you if you turned to that. But I'm so happy you're still here. You're strong and you're beautiful."

He pulled back, gently laying both of his hands on your cheeks. "You're not alone. I don't know how long ago this started or when you stopped and you don't have to tell me, if you don't want to. But I want you to know that I'm here now and if those thoughts ever return, for any reason, I'm here for you."

He brushed his thumbs along your cheeks. You closed your eyes, sniffling as you started to tear up. "Don't be ashamed of your scars, baby. They're part of who you are, and a beautiful one, at that." He said as he trailed his hand down to your thighs, brushing his fingers over your skin delicately. "You really are the strongest woman that I know."

You opened your eyes, sending him a tearful smile.

"I love you. You can talk to me about it if you ever want to. I'll always be here for you."

You kissed his cheek and watched his eyes light up. "I know. Love you too, Cal. Thank you for never judging me and for always listening to me."

He pulled you into his arms and held you close. "Always, my baby."