date night?

Calum was angry.

It wasn't hard to tell from the way he slammed the door behind him as he came inside.

"That's quite the way to let me know that you're home." You teased but Calum obviously wasn't in the mood for your humor today. You placed your book down on the table and got up. "Okay. You had a bad day, clearly. Tell me about it, baby."

"Well you should know why." He spoke and stopped your arms from wrapping around him by pulling away. "I don't? What happened, Cal?"

He clenched his jaw and scoffed in disbelief. "You stood me up!"

You were obviously confused. You'd never stand him up and in the nearly two years you've been together you thought you'd made it clear that you weren't the type of person to do that. "I don't know what you're talking about. didn't stand you up. Calum, we had nothing planned for today."

"Yeah we did, y/n! It's Saturday, it's our date night!"

You stood there in silence for a moment before a laugh escaped your lips which only made your boyfriend more upset. "Wanna fill me in on what's so funny about this situation?" He asked as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Yes! Cal, you mixed your days up again. It's Friday!" You laughed. Calum's eyebrows knit together as he shook his head. "No it isn't. It's Saturday."

You grabbed your phone from the charger, watching as it turned on. "No. Friday. See?" You showed him your phone and when he saw that it was, in fact, only Friday he mentally kicked himself for reacting the way he did.

He sighed heavily and took a moment to find the nerve to look up at you. "I'm sorry."

You nodded for him to continue. "For?"

He rolled his eyes, never really the greatest with apologizing. "Snapping at you. Slamming the door. Placing blame on you for something you didn't even do. I should've noticed but I was so stressed out I guess I was really just looking forward to taking you out tonight. I've been losing track of my days lately."

You put your arms around him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "That's okay, Cal. I lose track of my days, too. Especially when I'm stressed out. I know you've been working hard lately and I can't blame you for being so stressed."

He laid his forehead against your own.

"Thank you for being so understanding."

You nodded. "How about we have a date night tonight? I know it's supposed to be tomorrow but who says we can't have another? We could go out or we can stay in," you paused to place a kiss on his jaw. "In our sweats," and one on his neck. "Watch some Netflix..."

He sighed blissfully as you kissed below his ear. "Option two." He smiled, placing a kiss to your lips. "Okay. What do you want for dinner?" He shrugged and grabbed you, pulling you over to the couch. "Whatever you feel like having, baby. I just wanna spend some time with you."

You reached for your phone and leaned against his chest, ready for a night in with your loving boyfriend.