home is wherever I am with you (requested)

You sighed as your parents ended the video chat.

It's early but for your parents, it's getting late and you wanted to check in on them since they're several thousands of miles away from you and Cal.

You were already supposed to be back home, but you came to surprise your boyfriend. You had no idea how fast things would change.

California had been struck hard making the lockdown more important than ever. But your home country was getting it just as terribly and as much as you love being with Calum, it's hard not to worry about your parents and friends back home.

You closed your laptop and just as you did, you felt a pair of strong yet comforting arms wrap around you. "You okay?" Calum asked as he rubbed your tense shoulders. "Yeah. Just worried is all."

He knows how hard this has all been on you. He's even tried to keep you from getting on social media as much as possible and pretty much refuses to turn on the news because it only gives you anxiety and makes you think too much.

"I miss home, Cal." You bit down on your lip. "I can't stop worrying about everything." He sat behind you and pulled you against his chest. "I know. But just think about this - you just talked to your parents so you know they're okay." He tried to reassure you and even though it did help some, it was difficult not to let your mind wander.

"This isn't gonna be forever. It'll go away one day. Right now we just have to abide by the rules so we can stay safe and healthy. And one day, things are gonna get better and we're gonna go back there together to see your family and friends and everything that we'll have done in order to be in that moment with them, will all be worth it."

You turned around and put your hand on the back of his neck, fingers brushing through his hair. "You always know just what to say to make me feel better." He smiled at you, lips moving closer to yours. "I know you miss home, baby, but-"

"No, Cal. I mean, I do. But the more I'm with you, the more that I realize that home is wherever I am with you. I am home right now. I just miss and worry about my family. But I'll be okay. I've got you, I know I'm always safe with you."

You kissed him softly and smiled against his lips when he put his arm around your back to pull you closer.

When you pulled away from his lips he fell back against the bed and pulled you on top of him making you laugh. "I love you, Cal." You mumbled against his neck as you closed your eyes just as Duke hopped onto the bed and laid beside you and Calum.

"Love you more." He said, unable to take his eyes off of you as you fell back asleep. He was happy to spend the day in bed with you.

He was happy to be by your side throughout this tough time when you needed him most.