celebrating your birthday (requested)

I've decided to return to this book, so if you have any requests you're more than welcome to message them to me! However, my other 5sos books are still on hold and I'm still not accepting requests for them.

————————-

Although still half-asleep, you couldn't control the smile tugging at your lips when you felt Calum caressing your cheek and laying soft kisses to your lips.

"It's time to wake up, my love."

"No," you whined and tried to roll over but Calum just giggled and hovered over you. "It's my birthday. I should be allowed to sleep as much as I want."

"That's true. But as your boyfriend, I simply can't allow that. I've got a surprise for you this afternoon, but until then I want to shower you with love. Now you better open your eyes before I tickle you."

You laughed and slowly opened them. When you saw him, he was already staring at you. His eyes were as bright as the sunshine coming through the curtains.

"Good morning and happy birthday." He whispered with a bright smile. He leaned in to kiss you again and this time his kiss was much more passionate than the soft and tiny pecks he'd left on your lips prior to wake you.

"So..." You pulled away from his lips, making him sigh sadly. "You said you have something happening this afternoon and,"

He put his index finger over your lips and shook his head. "No, no. I said I have a surprise planned for you. If I told you, it's not a surprise."

He watched you pout and he let his forehead fall against yours. "Please don't be sad, baby girl. I worked hard on planning this. I've been keeping it a secret for the last few days and I want it to be a surprise. I think you'll love it."

You nodded and looped your arms around his neck. "Okay, Cal. I can take a hint." You laughed. "I won't ask about it anymore. But, just know that whatever it is, I'll love it. Because you planned it."

Softly, his lips touched yours once more.

"Now. Breakfast?"

He scoffed and sat up. "You think I woke you up early on your birthday and didn't have plans to make you a special birthday breakfast? Silly girl," He grinned and put you over his shoulder to carry you down the stairs.

You laughed until you reached the kitchen where the smell of breakfast was already in the air. It smelled so delicious, almost making your mouth water.

He carefully set you in a chair at the table and then came back with a plate of food.

"Made by yours truly." He smiled. "Enjoy it. I'll be back in a minute. I have something to get you."

He was out of the room and up the stairs before you could protest. You started to eat and played with Duke for a moment until he came back downstairs with a box in his hand. He put it in front of you and was grinning from ear to ear when you looked up at him.

"Cal, I said,"

"I know what you said, Y/N. But if you think I'm gonna let your birthday go by with a gift for you, you're wrong. Alright? You're my girl, I love you. Open the gift."

You couldn't deny that you were pretty excited to see what's inside. So, you tore apart the happy birthday wrapping paper and opened the box inside.

Inside was a beautiful necklace with the letter 'C' in a heart.

"Cal,"

"Do you like it? I know you said you've been wanting to get a new necklace since yours broke way back when and I figured you'd like my initial in it."