you kiss his neck to get his attention

Just putting this out here - this is in no way me returning to any of my 5sos books. I'm still taking time away from writing in them to continue focusing on other books for a few weeks. However, I managed to whip this up in just a few minutes tonight and I hope you all enjoy it because I loved writing it! ❤️

—————————

The sound of your boyfriend's beautiful and joyous laugh was the first thing you heard when you arrived home. After a busy and tiring few hours away from him, it was the most wonderful welcome home you could get.

Your heart was doing leaps in your chest as you followed the sound all the way up to your shared bedroom. You had a feeling that you already knew why he was laughing.

He's been obsessed with this new show he's been binge-watching whenever he has the time. You're not exactly keen on it, but sometimes you'll offer to watch it with him just because he loves it so much and he's always so happy when he watches it. He'll often lay his head on your lap and his eyes will crinkle as that beautiful smile of his never fades away.

Unsurprisingly, that's exactly what he watching. You saw it as soon as you entered the room. And there in bed was Calum. You froze on your feet for a moment, in awe of how good he looked. In his grey sweats with a simple white shirt on and his curls a little messy as he laughed happily and his eyes were just as bright and beautiful as his smile.

It all just made your heart melt.

You walked to your side of the bed and moved close to him. "Cal? I'm home."

You figured he'd turn his head and bring you in for a hug or a kiss. That he'd tell you how much he missed you - because you missed him like crazy, and you wanted him to hold you.

But he didn't even turn his head.

You frowned and started to run your fingers along his tattooed arm. He smiled and you thought it was meant for you, but it turned into another laugh as his focus remained on the movie.

"Cal," you whined and threw your head back against the pillow. He was so into the show he didn't even notice anything else around him!

But you were determined to change that. Because your day was a drag and he's always your remedy for any long or downright terrible day.

You brushed your lips against his neck ever so softly. You kissed his collarbones lovingly and, like music to your ears, he chuckled and put his hand on your shoulder.

"Y/N," he sighed softly when your lips brushed over that one spot he can't help but melt into, every single time. You let your lips brush along his neck. His skin was warm and soft, the perfect place for your cheek to lay. You wanted to bury your fave in the crook of his neck, but first, you wanted to make sure that you really had his attention.

You let your nails brush along his shoulders and it made his skin tingle a little.

"I love you." He whispered softly and, in response, you smiled against his neck. You looked up to find his eyes were right on you and you planted one last kiss to his skin before lifting your head and cupping his cheeks.

"I love you too." You mumbled as you brushed your thumbs along his cheeks. His eyes were bright as they gazed into your own and he puckered his lips for a kiss, just waiting for your lips to hit his.

But they didn't and all he could do was frown.

"You didn't even notice I was home."

He chuckled and brushed his hand along your back delicately.

"I'm sorry. I just get so into this show sometimes."

There was a small pout on his lips; one you couldn't help but kiss away. "It's okay. I'm happy to see you enjoying yourself." You said and leaned in to give him that kiss he was so eager to receive and one he instantly melted into.

You felt his grip on you tighten as he moved his lips passionately against yours. The show he was once so into that he could hardly even look away suddenly became background noise that seemed to fade out as he moved his lips in perfect sync with yours.