he gets clingy around your guy friends

Calum let out a deep breath as you unbuckled your seatbelts.

You could tell he was nervous. He's meeting your best friends today and he knows these are people that are obviously important to you. "Calum?" He looked your way and when he did you pressed your lips right against his. "They're gonna love you."

"Are you sure?" You squeezed his hand. "Positive, baby. Now come on. I'm so excited for you to meet them!" He watched you step out of the car and so he did the same. He held your hand as you walked up the steps. The door was wide open, so you both just went straight inside.

"Y/n? Is that you?"

Calum's eyebrows furrowed at the sound of a man's voice. That same man stepped into the room just a few seconds later. He, at first, thought maybe it was a boyfriend or husband of one of your best friends but when you excitedly jumped into his arms, he knew otherwise.

"Y/n!"

More guys walked in and up to you and each one made Calum's heart sink a little.

You pulled back from your hugs with them all and looked back at Calum. "Guys, this is Calum. He's my-"

"Boyfriend. I'm y/n's boyfriend." He emphasizes, holding his hand out to shake theirs with a fake smile. He kept his hand on the small of your back as you all went into the kitchen. You went to sit down but Calum instead wrapped his arms around you, hugging you from behind.

"So, Calum. We've heard a lot about you. Our y/n sure is in love with you."

He definitely didn't like his use of the word 'our'. "Yeah, I'm in love with her too." He smiled at you, leaning around to kiss your cheek. Your friends started to talk, wanting to catch up with you since the last time they saw you. You tried to keep up but Calum was making it difficult.

He was trailing his lips along your neck and shoulder blade. He's usually not this clingy or affectionate around other people, but he's a little jealous and a little worried and he doesn't care who seems him now.

When he tried to kiss behind your ear you pulled out of his arms. "Excuse us for a minute." You took Calum's hand and pulled him down to an empty bedroom. "What are you doing?" You wondered as you closed the door behind you.

"Me? I don't know what you're talking about."

You rolled your eyes. "You're lying. Cal, I know you're jealous. You're acting really clingy and affectionate and you never act like this around other people." He sighed and looked away from you, clenching his jaw.

"Hey," you whispered, grabbing his cheek and turning his head back. "You've got nothing to be jealous about. I've known all of them since I was in high school, middle school, or when I was a child. They're my friends, that's all they've ever been. None of us like each other like that, I can assure you of that."

He put his hands on your hips and then looked down at them. "I'm sorry, I just got a little nervous. I guess I didn't expect to see only guys here. You could've at least told me." You nodded. "That's fair."

He laid his forehead against yours. "Don't you ever worry about a thing. You're the one I love, okay?" Calum's lips pulled into a huge smile. "Yeah?" You nodded, blushing a little when you realized the word had fallen from your lips for the first time accidentally.

"I love you too," he said then leaned in for a kiss. It turned heated, becoming more passionate as his hands moved to the small of your back. The door suddenly opened and in walked one of your friends. "Y/n, Calum, we were just wondering if-" He paused, a smile breaking out on his face. "Never mind."

He laughed and closed the door behind him. You looked back at Cal, watching as he shrugged his shoulders and tried to kiss you again, only for you to push him back. "No, no, no. Come on, we have to go back out there. I want you to really get to know them."

He whined but followed you back out there. "There's the lovebirds."

You rolled your eyes, tossing a dish towel at your friend. "So, Calum. I've known your girl here for about eight years now. I bet you she's never told you her embarrassing stories from middle school."

You groaned and buried your face in your boyfriend's chest. "Wanna go make out again?"

Calum laughed. "Nope. I'm getting to know your friends, baby. I like them already."

Your cheeks were bright red but you had to admit that you were happy to hear those words fall from his lips. Because they were very important to you, and so was your boyfriend.

You'd go through listening to them tell jokes and embarrassing stories about you if it meant seeing them interact. Besides, you know they're just teasing you because they love you. You can't really get too mad at them for that.