he's sick

Rolling over in bed you came into contact with empty and cold sheets. You frowned and opened your eyes, trying to see in the dimly lit room where your boyfriend was.

You sat up, yawning and rubbing the sleep from your eyes. You noticed the bathroom light was on and the door was closed. You figured Calum was just in the bathroom and laid back down to try to go back to sleep.

But then, you heard him cough and you got a little worried. You got up and patted towards the bathroom. Your hand hovered over the knob and you went to knock with your other hand when he coughed again, this time clearly gagging as he did so.

You didn't knock and you didn't waste another second before opening the door. You could see his shoulders shaking and you could tell he was shivering as soon as you caught a glimpse of him. "Oh, Cal." You sat behind him, rubbing his back to feel his shirt was damp under your touch.

You peeked around and saw he was sweating, beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. You heard him breathe out shakily before he groaned. "You should go back to bed." You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "Don't be silly, Calum. You're sick. I'm not leaving you."

You heard him whimper. You could tell he didn't want you to see him like this and you understood why because you felt the same way when you were sick. But he's always remained by your side when you've been sick. He's held your hair back and he's soothed you as best as he could; you were gonna do the same for him now.

"I'm here." You whispered as you started to rub his back. You could picture the discomfort on his face and the thought alone broke your heart. But it was even worse when you heard a whine fall from his lips and he started to throw up again.

You rubbed his back in circles, ignoring how sticky his skin felt under your fingers. "Let it all out. You're gonna be okay." You soothed, kissing the back of his neck while trying to whisper out every comforting phrase he's whispered to you when you've been sick until he stopped a few minutes later.

He clkosed the lid and reached a shaky hand around to flush the toilet. He groaned over how sick and miserable he felt. "Are you okay?" You asked him as you played with the hairs at his neck. "I think so."

"Okay. Just take a few deep breaths. I'm here with you." He sighed softly when he felt your nails lightly press into the skin of his back. His skin tingled a little and you continued that for a moment before getting up to grab him some water.

He sipped it slowly and when he was done you took the cup from him and set it back on the counter. You pressed your hand to his forehead and felt the heat of his skin under your touch. "You're warm." You mumbled to yourself and planned to get up to grab the thermometer, but he took your hand. "Y/n, can we please just go to bed? I don't feel good."

You nodded. "Of course. Do you think you can brush your teeth first?" He shrugged weakly. "I'll help you." He exhaled shakily but didn't protest anymore. You helped him onto his feet and put your arm around his waist, walking with him to the sink. You helped him stand up because his legs felt like jelly underneath him.

He finished a moment later and you helped him to bed before grabbing him a few things; a cold glass of water, some medicine for his fever, and a clean shirt for him to change into.

He shivered as you helped him out of his dirty one but warmed up a little when you quickly helped him change into the clean one and pulled the covers over him, up to his chin.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything else?" You hated seeing him so uncomfortable and so sick, so anything you could do to help him and make him feel better you'd do in a heartbeat.

"No, I'm alright. I just want you to cuddle with me. Please?" You nodded and laid beside him. He felt even warmer than usual due to his fever. You didn't even worry about catching whatever he had when he curled up to you and put his warm forehead down on your shoulder. He was comfortable with you and if he feels better this way then you were okay with him cuddling up to you.

"I hate this." He mumbled, eyelashes tickling your collarbone. "I know. But you'll feel better soon, I promise because I'm gonna be here to take care of you." He nodded. "I love you. Get some sleep. I'll be right here if you need anything."

"Love you too," he mumbled and then fell asleep in your arms. You hoped it wouldn't be long till he felt better, and you'd do whatever it took to help him until he did.

Calum Hood Imagines On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara