Chapter 23

After a week, Kakashi and Sasuke were released from the hospital, and we could return to doing missions. I knew everyone was grateful for a return to normalcy. Right now, we were on a split mission. The genin were playing bodyguard to some athlete in a neighboring village, and Kakashi and I were on an information gathering mission. We were to get into a rich guy's good graces and obtain information about Orochimaru from him. It shouldn't be too difficult. I was bred for this kind of mission, and have an excellent success rate.

"Alright, so the plan is for you to bump into him at the bar, and get him to take you back to his place." I grimaced. I hated these kinds of missions. I'm great at them, but they make me feel gross. There were so many things that could go wrong, and I knew I could protect myself, but still. "I'll be there the whole time, don't worry." Kakashi put his hand over mine. I nodded and let him continue the plan. "You'll see what information you can get out of him, and worst case scenario, use your sharingan to put him in a genjutsu." I nodded, hoping it would go well. "I'll follow behind you guys and keep watch while you're in the house. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you." His eyes met mine and he gave me a small smile.

"I know, Kashi." I smiled back. "I trust you." I stood up and went over to the closet, looking and what I had to wear to the bar. I had to look like a normal civilian who was looking for a good time tonight, not a ninja, so my outfit was far more revealing than I wanted it to be. It consisted of a black tank top dress that stopped half way down my thigh. It was tight all over, and honestly looked really damn good. It was simple, but I knew it would work. My shoes were black strappy heels, and I regretted them as soon as I put them on. How the hell do girls walk in these? They're so not practical.

I sighed and got to work on my hair and makeup. I went with a simple makeup look, not wanting to draw too much attention to myself. I just put on some eyeliner and mascara, with a dark pink lipstick to pull it all together. I left my black, almost purple looking hair down and straightened it so it stopped at the small of my back. I have to admit, I did a good job. This guy would be crazy not to want to take me home, and that's exactly what we wanted.

"You're beautiful, Mika." Kakashi smirked at me from the doorway to the bathroom while I finished up my look. I blushed at his comment and turned to face him. He was looking me up and down, and I knew I did everything right. Usually, Kakashi is much better at controlling himself around me. That thought made me smirk too.

"Well, let's hope this Shin guy thinks so too." I said bitterly. I hated doing this kind of stuff for missions. Sure, it was fun to dress up and know I looked amazing, but doing it so I could get information was not fun. Especially with entitled rich guys who think I owe it to them to sleep with them.

"That's something I never thought I'd hear my girlfriend say." Kakashi laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"What, are you jealous?" I teased with a smirk on my face. I knew he was, but it was for a mission. It's not like I wanted to do this. He walked closer to me and put both of his hands on my hips, looking at me seriously.

"Please. Look at you. Of course I'm jealous." He took of his mask and kissed me softly before pulling away and fixing his mask. I was now blushing like crazy.

"Hey, think of it this way. At least you know I'll be going home with you tonight." I teased again, and winked at him. He rolled his eyes and shook his head at me.

"How are you so confident? You do know what you're waking into, right?" I moved past him to grab my wallet before we left. My nerves started to come up when he asked if I knew what I was getting into. Of course I did. I faced him and grabbed his hand, reassuringly.

"We've done missions like this plenty of times. There's a reason I'm chosen to do them, and you know that." The reason was that I was exceptional under pressure. This Shin guy would never know that I was in no way interested, and utterly grossed out by the concept of sleeping with him. I also had the ability to cast genjutsu on pretty much anyone, so I was in little to no danger.