7- Man-Shark Case

(Season 2 x 4)

Caitlin, Cisco, Katrina and Barry had gotten Professor Stein in the medical room on one of the bed, "Hold him steady" Cisco shouts. Both Barry and Katrina try and hold the Professor down as he continues to thrash around, blue flames coming from the top if his head.

"He's dropping out" Caitlin then says to them.
"Come on, come on, come on" Cisco starts repeating as he tries to place a dampening device on the Professor.
"Cisco, we're losing him" Caitlin then tells him as he reads the Professors stats.
"Got it" Cisco shouts as he gets the device placed on Stein then goes over to the computer presses a few keys. They watch as the Professor stops moving about and the flames diminish. "Dios mio, Thank God" he says.

"He's getting worse" Barry says to them.
"Look, I did what I could, to re-engineer Dr. Wells original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source. Best I could find was the one from his wheelchair" Cisco explains.

"How long will that last exactly" Katrina then tells him.
"Well, that's the problem, is we had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen the meta's powers during our little rogue air trip with Weather Wizard and company" Cisco explains as they all walk away from the professor toward the cortex. "I think we got a few days, tops" he goes on to tell them.

"And he's stuck in bed" Barry asks.
"Yeah, when he wakes up, I'm gonna transfer the stabilizer to this" he says pointing to a device on the table, "Give him a power cane, get him moving" he continues to explains.

"We need to figure out a way to save him" Katrina then says.
"I think I might know how to do that" Caitlin says and they look at her.
"When the particle accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matrix and altered the normal molecular processes that occurs withing his body" Caitlin explains as she displays what happened to Stein on the monitors. "Those highly-reactive molecules needed something to bond with in order to stabilize" she explains.

"And that's where Ronnie came in" Cisco mentions.
"Yes, and now that Ronnie is no longer a part of Professor Stein-"Caitlin says.
"Those molecules no longer have anything to combine with" Barry then says.
"And the longer he goes without merging the more unstable he becomes" Caitlin explains.

"Okay, so what do we do about that?" Katrina asks her.
"Fine another participant" Caitlin suggests.
"Okay, cool, so how do we do that?" Cisco then asks, "Are we just gonna make a Tinder app for potential meta-humans. Cause I'm pretty sure merging with Stein and randomly bursting into flames sounds like the biggest swipe-left of all time" he goes on to say.

"Even if we could find someone willing, Stein can't just merge with whoever he wants" Barry says.
"No, he can't but I have done some research, and I found two potential candidates that might be compatible with him" Caitlin says as she walks over to the main desk, and they all follow her. "They both were affected by the dark matter, and they were both admitted to the hospital showing symptoms of gene rearrangement mutation. And they both share the same blood type as Professor Stein and Ronnie" Caitlin tells them.

"All right" Barry sighs, "This is more than organ donation. We'll need more than tissue typing to see If their bodies are compatible" Barry tells her.
"If I can isolate the genetic locus of the two candidates and cross-reference it with the mutations in Professor Stein. I might be able to find a match, and save his life" Caitlin tells Barry.
"So, what exactly do you need to do that?" Katrina then asks her.

Katrina and Barry then both rush off getting the samples Caitlin would need from both potential matches. Within seconds they come back, "All right, blood samples from both potential candidates" Barry says as the two of them hand a sample to Caitlin and Cisco.