Chapter 8: The Sharingan Shatters

"Guys, don't lose to a guy like that!" Sakura called out, in an attempt to encourage her teammates.

"Stop it Sakura. Don't goad him!" Kakashi quickly cut in. "Even if there was a chance of breaking that technique, they won't be able to defeat that boy."

Sakura gasped at her sensei, frowning. "What? What do you mean?"

Kakashi pursed his lips under the mask, keeping his gaze on Zabuza. "They don't have the mentality to kill their feelings and kill another person yet. That boy really knows the agony of being a shinobi. He's different from them."

"Exactly. No real shinobi will come out of a peace addicted village like yours. Because they are not able to learn the most important 'experience of killing'. " Zabuza affirmed, his chakra flaring as he spoke.

"Then-then what are we going to do sensei?" Sakura exclaimed, eyebrows furrowed.

(Y/N) pursed her lips, exhaling slowly. She could hear what they were saying, and although it pained her to admit her own weakness, they were right. I've always known what being a shinobi would require, but actually getting to the moment when I have to kill... Isn't there another way?

Kakashi reviewed all the scenarios in his mind, and found only one answer to their predicament. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to finish this an instant."

"Sharingan?" Sakura mused. But isn't sensei still recovering?

Zabuza chuckled. "Sharingan, huh? What an unimaginative guy!"

Zabuza suddenly sped forward before Kakashi could lift his headband and stabbed Kakashi's hand with a kunai.

"Sensei!"

"You might call me an unimaginative guy, but you are afraid of the Sharingan after all Zabuza..!" Kakashi grunted out. His right hand was bleeding, but he kept a hold on the kunai.

(Y/N) gulped, straightening up and getting back into stance with her teammates. While Kakashi managed Zabuza, they would have to deal with Haku. She held her chain tightly, spinning it slowly.

"I'm not one to be afraid just because I failed once! I'll try it as many times as it takes!" Naruto exclaimed. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

"Wait no!"
"Stop!"
Naruto's clones appeared again in a puff of smoke, regardless of Sasuke and (Y/N)'s protest.
The clones jumped to attack the mirrors, but once again the ones hit were they. Haku jumped out of the mirrors and threw needles that all struck their mark.
(Y/N) clenched her jaw. Shit, I'm losing strength in my arms. He's consciously aiming so I won't be able to use my chain anymore.
The clones dissipated and the real Naruto fell back down on the ground.

"W-what the hell is this?" Naruto asked in frustration as he sat up. He was battered up, but not as bad as Sasuke.
Out of the three, Sasuke was the most injured, even though (Y/N) had defended him a lot. He was bleeding yes, but he kept a clear mind.

Sasuke gritted his teeth. It was just slight but... I could see the trails of his movements! Maybe with (Y/N)...

Naruto sat up. "Once more!"

(Y/N) made a grab for his arm to stop him but he once again made clones and jumped. Shit. He doesn't attack us unless we attempt something. Isn't it smarter to just pause for a bit and think? She stared intently at Naruto's clones as she saw Sasuke kick some water from the corner of her eye.

"Don't you understand it's useless?"

Shit! (Y/N) raised her chain to deflect the needles, but the speed of her spinning had greatly decreased. She kept her trained eyes on the movement of Haku, noticing then drops of water in the air moving about and being split. Ooh. That still doesn't help much though. Although if I can hit him just as he comes out of the mirror...
Haku came out of a mirror and zoomed past in all directions, once again hitting all three of them. Naruto and Sasuke fell on the ground and (Y/N) barely managed to dodge four coming for her legs.