Chapter 12: A New Chapter Begins, Chuunin Exam!

(A/N); here again whoo! I'm just really excited for this arc hehe. Please don't forget to vote and comment :D

(Y/N) groaned, squirming underneath the bedsheets. She blinked blearily and yawned, as she dragged herself out of bed.

Her room was messy as usual but it was an organized chaos, as she skipped over the piles of books and scrolls on the floor with ease, having memorized all the obstacles in her way. She had been trying to study the past few days, determined to learn the Fire Blossom Jutsu on her own no matter how hard it was and she had yet to reorganize the vaults.

She bathed quickly and stared at her closet. It wasn't like she had many clothes, of course she didn't. There were more important things to use her money on, like keeping the compound clean and in a good condition. Clothes were not really a necessity to her.
She dressed in her usual black tanktop and grey shorts, slipping on her shoes, but a jacket caught her attention, hanging innocently from a hanger.

The lower half was a deep black, while the top was en electric blight blue, one similar enough to her own clan's flames. The jacket itself had her clan's symbol on the back, the curled dragon, lying in wait. It had been a gift from her parents from when she began at the Academy.

(Y/N) bit her lips for a moment, reaching for it hesitantly, before pulling away. I can wear it proudly after I become a chuunin.

She grabbed a quick breakfast and left the quiet Ryudo Compound in a hurry, on her way to meet up with Naruto and her teammates.

It had already been a few days since their return from the Land of Waves, but she was still unsettled. She knew that she had shown emotions that time, maybe too much, too many, and it had broken her heart. She had not been able to fight at her full strength, afraid to kill someone else.

She questioned whether it was really more wise to close herself off or keep being the way she was. Cut herself off from her emotions for good. After all, how was she supposed to go after her sister with that kind of emotional baggage? It ultimately wouldn't be advantageous.

She still knew barely any of her family's jutsus and it weighed her down. The Land of Waves' mission had left her rattled and disturbed. She was sure now, more problems were sure to come her way.

How can I revive and keep our heritage alive on my own like this? I'm pathetic.

~~~><><><~~~

"Good morning Sakura!" Naruto exclaimed with a bright grin, waving at the kunoichi as he ran, closely followed (Y/N).

Sakura raised her head and humed in greeting. Sasuke leaned back on the bridge's rail and raised his head, meeting Naruto's eyes with his own.
The boys' eyes met and glared at each other, narrowing. They scoffed and looked away.

Sakura sighed, scrunching her face in irritation. This again! Since we've got back from the Land of Waves those two have been acting sort of strange... Oh it's almost uncomfortable. Hurry up and get here Kakashi-sensei, cha!

(Y/N) sighed with her, dragging a hand across her face. Of course, they turned it into a competition. At least she could relate to Sakura now. Those two...Naru, I love you, but both of you are idiots.

The hours passed and they made light conversation, with the occasional bickering from (Y/N) and Sasuke and the boys, but Kakashi still didn't arrive. More time passed and then everyone except (Y/N), who had dropped to the ground to sleep, was leaning back on the railing tiredly, slouching.