BONUS: More on the Ryūdo Clan of Konohagakure

(A/N): Hey guys, author speaking here and alive. The first bonus was poorly written I think, and I want to give you some more insight on the clan. Of course, the further we get with the story, the more information I'll give. I even got plans for very special arcs but shhh spoilers~. I'll give you some information here about the name of the clan and such and the kanji used for it (for those of you who are unaware, I have been studying and speaking japanese for about two years now, so the names of the Ryūdo stuff are actually gramatically correct and could exist. Also, piece of info for you: kanji are the chinese characters that japanese use to write some words with, basically.

Ryūdou/竜童: the first kanji means dragon and is read as 'ryuu' and the second means child, juvenile, and is read as 'dou'. So basically, the meaning is dragon child. That's why the Ryūdo are often referred to as dragon children. However, people actually cut off the 'dou' and leave it at 'do' usually, because it's too long. Just like when in english people say 'cause instead of because or they're instead of they are.

Ryūme/竜目: the first kanji is the dragon kanji once again, and the second means 'eye' and is read as 'me'. So it literally means dragon eye. You could say this is the more colloquial version that people sometimes use instead of Ryūgan.

Ryūgan/竜眼: the first kanji is the dragon kanji once again, and the second can mean 'eye, vision, insight, or power of observation'. So it basically means the same as Ryūme, but it has a slightly deeper connotation of power of insight/vision.

As I said previously, Ryūdo are said to initially have been a small family who took a care of an injured dragon. The dragon turned out to be the Dragon Emperor and when it healed, it rewarded them for their kindness and shared his gifts with them.

He enabled them to use very special jutsus akin to a dragon's abilities, which gave way to Dragon Style. This style is accesible only to Ryūdo, as it is passed down genetically. It includes fire style jutsus such as Fire Cage, Fire Blossom, and Inferno (although they are fire style, they are part of Dragon Style as they are unlearnable unless you're a Ryūdo), along with shadow and electricity jutsus. Some, like the shadow imitation  and shadow binding perform exactly like the Nara's, but are inherently different.

Characteristically, part of a Ryūdo's most basic abilities is dragon fire, which is particularly hot and dangerous, with a striking bright blue color. It doesn't require sign weaving to use, only basic chakra control to transform chakra and air into fire, although it takes an incredible amount of control and concentration. Dragon fire can be very harmful and difficult to control, so it usually takes many years to achieve mastery over it.
Ryūdo's basic abilities, besides dragon fire include:

-Exceptional hearing that extends far greater distance than a norma person's. They can also hear frequencies humans cannot.
-Their sense of smell is particularly accurate, much like a wolf's. They can track anything and anyone, even through air. As long as it has a scent, nothing is lost; it will always leave a trail to follow.
-Like a snake, they can sense changes in temperature and use them to their advantage.
-Their eyesight stretches further than a common person's, so they do not require certain distance to aim, even if their opponent is 300m away. It also enables them to pretty much never need glasses, unless they're too old and even then, the glasses are for close/short distance. (This combined with the temperature sense gives them something akin to night vision).
-Their sense of taste is sharper, so it gives them an advantage over detecting poison, but it also means everything will taste stronger. Things like ramen, chocolate cake or curry are often too much for them and they prefer soft foods like rice, onigiri, and other foods that do not have too much seasoning or flavor.
-Their basic instincts of survival are like an animal's; sharp and ready to pounce. They can sense someone near or looking at them, actually seeing them, (+all their senses combined), etc.
-Their stamina, strength, and speed are higher than the normal person's. Even as shinobi, it's not exactly the average. Reason why smart people don't challenge them to a wrestling match unless they want their arm crushed.

Aside from that, they also have access to the Ryūgan of course, which is a manifestation of the dragon's chakra and spirit in them. Of course, the ability to access it was lost when Tetsuryo was sealed inside the jewel, the first stage barely there. Even then, they didn't lose the rest of their gifts.

Ryūdo, as arguably the strongest clan in the Hidden Leaf  Village, all members were shinobi, or related to the shinobi world somehow. Because of this, their compound only had two possible scenarios: the most rambunctious place you've ever been or practically silent with a few people walking about doing their business.

They held a festival once a year to celebrate Tetsuryo's arrival to the ancestral home in the spring and another every five, to give thanks for his gifts during autumn. During this time the compound was decorated with lanterns of all manners of blue and purple, and black, bright candles inside giving them an unearthly glow.
Desserts such as mochi, dango, green tea cake, rock candy, and sponge cake were sold in the streets, usually bearing the clan symbol or dragon shaped. Dragon's blood, sandalwood and clove incenses were burned during the annual festival, while dragon's blood, hyacinth, sage, and violet were the quinquennial's combo.
The festivals were regarded with great importance and excitement, being a time for happiness and enjoyment. Even outsiders were welcome, though their participation in any rituals was forbidden.

The Ryūdo clan basically had its own culture, even while living in the village. They kept their secrets close to their chest and regarded with animosity those that would question them about the dragons and their existence. Yes, they were gifted, but it was part of their duty as Tetsuryo's gifted to protect the dragons and their secrets. None who sought to learn more about them, their location or realm ever succeeded. It was the most guarded secret of the clan, even when it became publicly known and announced that the dragons went extinct. Even then, they refused to give out any information on the dead race.

Although they didn't scorn outsiders like the Uchiha, they kept common civilians at a safe distance, and shinobi at a close distance, where they could keep an eye on them. Marriages outside the clan were not looked down upon, as it was considered beneficial for the clan to expand and the amount of gifted to increase, as long as the couples went through a rigorous examination and tests to determine their loyalty and capability. Of course, outside marriages decreased when the faction that tampered with Tetsuryo appeared, and it was decided to keep outsiders out, to avoid another catastrophe.
They kept the Hyūga close but were only truly friendly with the Uchiha; reason why the heads of the families often spent a lot of time together and their children often grew up as almost siblings.

To regulate the working of the clan there was a Council of Elders that managed all conflicts and events inside the clan and gave advice to the Head Branch. Of course, they all perished the night the Ryūdo and Uchiha clan were massacred, but that's beside the point.

The Ryūdo clan was very special, and many would give anything to marry into it or learn their secrets, no matter the cost. Dragon's secrets were their hoard, to be treasured and fiercely protected. The loss of the Ryūdo head and the Council of Elders rendered those secrets inaccesible and lost forever, a precious piece of culture and information forever lost.

The Hidden Leaf Village barely knew anything about them, nevermind understand them, but they still mourned the loss of their powerful clan. The compound survived, and even though they checked it all brick by brick, they couldn't find anything. It remained then, untouched for the last survivor, who now was cursed to walk the once rambunctious streets alone, in silence.