Chapter 23: Rounds

(A/N): sorry for the wait, it's been a while :(. Busy with life and college, and other priorities. But enjoy this chapter :)! Sorry if it's messy, at least I covered more than 4 eps. Wrote it late at night, took me longer than I wish it had. Will edit when I can. Ps: chap 3 of my fantasy novel is out.
If you like fantasy, novels, check out my novel if you don't mind!

"For the first battle, Yoroi Akado and Sasuke Ichiha have been selected. No objections, right?"

(Y/N) gaped at the monitor, facepalming. I cannot believe the luck of this guy!

"Right!"
"No!"

With the rules explained, the proctor added that the names of the opponents for each match would show up in the monitor on the wall, randomly chosen from the list of remaining applicants. They had all held their breath as the names flickered on the screen, and then settled on Sasuke vs Akado.

Unexpectedly, but somehow unsurprisingly, Sasuke was up first versus one of Kabuto's suspicious teammates. Displeased, Sakura tried to argue him out of it, but he didn't concede.

To think that it'd be so soon. Sasuke smirked, despite the flaring pain.

Damn Sasuke is like a magnet for bad luck. (Y/N) bit her lip, frowning as the two opponents faced each other. Sasuke was still clearly in pain, the mark flaring up constantly. To fight in a battle with someone who seemed to be in top condition, and with no access to his chakra..

Sasuke winced discreetly, and Akado's shoulders shook with what could have been amusement under his mask.

Honestly, (Y/N) didn't think it wise to let Sasuke fight, but everyone was already rushing up the stairs to watch the fight from a safe distance. Sakura hesitated for a moment before she followed after the excited Naruto.

(Y/N) waited for Kakashi to say his piece before she got close to Sasuke. Admittedly, she eavesdropped, frowning.
Kakashi said he can't use the Sharingan. Will he truly listen?

As Kakashi stepped away, Sasuke gasped and scowled. Call off the match?! It seems this Curse Mark thing is responding to my chakra. In other words in this match I will hardly be able to use even my regular jutsu, nevermind the Sharingan!

Sensing his turmoil, (Y/N) awkwardly patted his shoulder. "Focus. Find a different way. You'll be fine."

Sasuke breathed, gave her a hard look, and sighed. "Go."
Thanks I guess. She's right. I can find a way.

(Y/N) nodded and walked away, up the stairs and standing beside her teammates. The view of the arena was great from up there, they'd be able to see everything. She bit her lip, staring down at their friend.

But when it started, Akado had Sasuke pinned by the forehead in a second.

(Y/N) gasped loudly and leaned over the railing, staring intently. "Dodge you fool!"

Sakura clenched her hands, fidgeting with worry while Naruto's brows furrowed.

If she looked close enough, (Y/N) could see the flow of chakra leaving Sasuke's body. Oh. Oh that's not good.

She observed intently her teammate's fight. Sure, there was not much to tell about it, but she could study it. Sasuke got out from his grip, tried to dodge but Akado kept touching him, repeatedly.
Huh. That's certainly an interesting ability. Chakra absorption through touch. Troublesome too.