Chapter 4: The Assassin of the Mist

"Well, well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi, rogue ninja of Kirigakure." Kakashi-sensei said, already in a stance.

A man had appeared, landing on the huge sword. He wore cow print leg warmers, and a grey cloth to cover his face. His skin was tanned, and his eyes narrow, clearly showing that he was no rookie. He had short black hair that barely grew enough to cover a tiny bit of his forehead.

(Y/N) examined Zabuza thoroughly with her eyes, while taking out a scroll from her bag. Zabuza...hm... Oh! That Zabuza! The one that killed all his classmates... She mentally shivered. This is not gonna be fun at all.

Rogue ninja? Whatever, it's not gonna stop me, this is my chance to shine! Naruto ran towards Zabuza, kunai in hand. (Y/N) acted quickly and jumped in front of him. She shook her head at him.

"(Y/N)-chan?" Naruto asked confused.

"No Naru! We're just getting in the way! He's way out of our league! We must get back and let Kakashi-sensei handle him!" (Y/N) exclaimed, grabbing his arm and dragging him in front of Tazuna.

"But (Y/N)-chan!" Naruto protested, to which she sent a soft glare, begging him to shut up.

"He's not like the others, he's in a whole other league. If he's our opponent, I'll need this." Kakashi said, as he raised his ninja headband over his eye, revealing the red eye of the Sharingan. "I'm ready."

Team 7's eyes widened-except (Y/N)'s.

Sharingan?! But he is not an Uchiha!... Is he? Sasuke thought wide eyed.

Naruto scrunched his nose up in confusion. What is a 'Sharingan'?

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes. Kashi's sharingan will tire him out eventually, we don't have much time to defeat him before Kashi faints. She started to plan a strategy, all the while secretly latching kunai to a chain.

"Kakashi of the Sharingan, I assume?" The Zabuza guy asked, jumping down from the tree, sword in hand. "Sorry, but you'll have to hand over the old man."

(Y/N) automatically stood in front of Tazuna, in a stance. Her body sideways; right side facing the front, left side pushed back, kinda like a swordsman. But her hands were extended back, as if she was pushing something away. Her feet straight, pointing forwards. This was a Ryudo stance. Her left hand-which was behind her-was busy attaching Dragon Style tags on the kunai chain she had made.

Kakashi narrowed his eye. "Manji Formation, now. Protect Tazuna and don't get involved." He ordered, readying himself.

Naruto had no idea what was wrong with Kakashi's eye, and he was confused. And Sakura was pretty much clueless as well.

(Y/n) was not surprised at all, instead, she was occupied preparing her kunai chain with Dragon Style tags. The Dragon Style tags-ninja markers-were used by the Ryudo for certain jutsu, like tracking jutsu or pinpointing targets, and other stuff. She was planning to use it against Zabuza with a Fire Blosssom Dragon Style Jutsu, like the smart kunoichi she was.

"Well, looks like I get to see the Sharingan in action. What an honour." Zabuza said, smirking under his mask. He jumped down, landing nicely.

"Everyone keeps saying, 'Sharingan, Sharingan'! Will someone please tell me what Sharingan is?!" Naruto exclaimed annoyed, his brows furrowed.

"Well it's-" (Y/n) started.

"Sharingan, is a rare power that resides in the eyes. The user of this dōjutsu can see and instantly comprehend any genjutsu, taijutsu, and ninjutsu, and reflect the attack back on the attacker. It's a special, rare form of dōjutsu. However, there's more to it than that, a lot more." Sasuke cut in, explaining. (Y/N)'s eyebrow twitched. That duckbutt bastard just interrupted me!