Chapter 52

"Another body was found," The patrol group courted Reagan to the far edge of the forest. 

"God! I thought this thing stopped already." Tyler shook his head as he looked at the freshly dead body. 

"It never stopped," A man spoke under his mask, "We found 5 bodies within the premises," he squatted down and then examined the body closely, "This is the recent one, time of death approximately 12 hours ago," He commented, "and...it's a human body," He concluded after examining further. 

"How do you do that, with just one look?" Tyler looked at him in admiration. 

"I've been working on this field for 10yrs." The guy retorted. 

"Dr. Mac worked for 25 yrs, he couldn't comment on the body within seconds as you did just now, are you sure you're human Dr. John?" Tyler eyed him suspiciously. 

"Dr. Mac's brain cells must have gotten older earlier than expected and Tyler, I am very much a human, please don't lump me in the same categories as you or your beastly friends, hmm?" The forensic expert pointedly looked at Kevin who had just arrived there.  

"Are the preparations complete?" Reagan questioned Kevin. 

"Yes, we should act as soon as possible," Kevin answered. 

"Are you guys sure you can catch the culprit soon?" Dr. John mocked at them, "As much as I love to play with dead bodies, I am getting tired of having the same autopsy results on my table, there's no fun you know," He clicked his tongue. 

"I am telling you, guys, this guy doesn't look human to me, the way he speaks of the dead, my my," Tyler shook his head. 

"We know how to do our work so you better focus on yours, hmm?" Kevin rolled his eyes at him. 

"Well I am doing mine but looking at the number of dead bodies, I don't think you guys are doing any good, tsk, tsk," The doctor clicked his tongue as he shook his head. 

"Listen-" Kevin was about to retort when Reagan raised his hand to stop them, "Enough, guys." 

"They're at it again?" They heard someone laugh behind their back, a man in dark clothes then came and stood next to Reagan. "To be honest, even I'm tired of having to visit this spooky place again and again," he heaved a deep sigh. 

"You won't have to worry about it anymore, I assure you," Reagan patted the detective's back.

"I am trusting you," The detective nodded, "Anyway, we should get going, I get chills just by standing here, oh this place," The detective got chills down his spine, he then extended his hand, Reagan shook it with a smile, "Hope we don't see each other again," The detective placed his left hand on his chest and wished him goodbye. 

***

Early morning, Alexa stood at the edge of the cliff as she took deep breaths, she couldn't sleep again as she was too bothered by Reagan's behavior. She couldn't see him last night as he was away for some business. 

"Okay," She nodded, "Let's go and confront him today," She patted her shoulder and made her way to the training ground. 

Reaching the place, her eyes ran around searching for her mate, but she didn't find him. "Where's Reagan?" She asked Lia. 

"I don't know, I guess he isn't back yet," Lia shrugged. 

"Now that you've mentioned it, I don't see Tyler and Kevin either," Alexa nodded. I guess more waiting then, she heaved a deep sigh.

Suddenly a chill ran down her spine, she immediately turned around but the presence was gone, "What was that?" Her brows knitted together in a deep frown. 

Done with the training, Alexa leaned against the huge tree as she watched her friends sparring with each other, just then she heard few footsteps, she immediately got on her toes and searched for the familiar face she was waiting for. 

Her face fell when she didn't find him, it was only Kevin and Tyler. She narrowed her eyes as she made her resolve, "just you wait, I'm going to track you down," She then turned her heels and walked from there. 

Following her instincts, she found herself in front of the Pack's meeting house. "So, he's here, hmm?" She then closed her eyes and concentrated, she could hear a few voices but all of a sudden everything was still, "hmm?" She raised her brows, "What's with the sudden silence?" She closed her eyes again. 

'Alex?' 

'Oh, there you are,' She replied. 

'What are you doing?' He asked. 

'I need to talk to you, can you come out?' 

'I'm sorry but I can't right now, I'm kinda busy so I'll meet you when I'm done here, hmm?'

'But-' 'Hey, you there?'  She got nothing but silence, "tsk, can't help it then," she clicked her tongue, "maybe I'm thinking too much, he was talking normally, so I guess, there's nothing to overthink about," She nodded to herself. 

"Pfft," She heard someone laugh, turning around, she found Carla standing right behind her, she immediately jumped away, "What the hell?" Alexa glared at her. 

"tsk, tsk, my dear queen, are you getting ignored?" Carla stepped closer and studied her face, something was off about her, Alexa couldn't pinpoint but she gave off a different vibe. 

"Excuse me?" Alexa raised a brow at her. 

"I guess, I don't need to do anything," Carla shrugged, "Well then, see you around," She smirked at her and with that, she walked away. 

"What the hell was that?" Alexa blinked. "See you around? Are we even close?" 

"Alex?" She felt someone breathe under her neck, "Oh my!" Alexa screamed out aloud, jumping almost a feet away. 

"What's wrong?" Lia gave her a concerned look. 

"Don't scare me like that!" Alexa shouted. 

"Sorry," Lia muttered, "anyway, you were searching for Reagan right? They're back," Lia gestured. 

"I know," Alexa nodded as she patted her chest trying to calm her racing heart, "And I don't need to find him anymore, I think I was just overthinking, so I'm good now," She added.

Just then Reagan and others entered the town, "hmm?" Alexa raised her brows, she looked in the direction of his voice, she blinked as she noticed him walking towards them, 'Weren't you inside, just now?' She asked, but she didn't get a reply.

When he was about to pass by them, she caught his arm, "You-" before she could utter another word, she was pushed away, she barely gained her balance, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" He apologized immediately, he was about to hold her but he stopped midway, she narrowed her eyes at him. He lowered his gaze to the ground, "See you later," he muttered as he walked away. 

"What the hell is wrong with that man?" Alexa was left dumbfounded again.